Richard's '02 V6 Coupe EX-L

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Re: Sil2DrV6's 2002 Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (56K)

Nice work, Richard. I wouldn't have noticed that unless you pointed it out. Good to see perfection in progress :)
Thanks, Alex. :)

I really like this BR's Ver. 2 lip, but this has been bugging me a lot. I still need to refine my work, but it's too bad that I can't do this at night. (It's noisy as hell, and I will get a letter from my neighbors like soccerchamp16 has received, which is posted on his MR thread lol.)

Wish me luck that I won't mess it up!

Details, Details, Details,
I think that's called OCD :lawl:
But god damn that looks good!
Reason 1: For my sake of knowing what I've done.
Reason 2: For other ppl's sake who see my page being helpful / fun to look at.
Reason 3: I just can't help it.. (OCD). Lol.

I've been thinking about adding the maintenance & repair log, but with all this, that could be too much.. Idk.. Maybe I will one day haha.

Thanks, man! :)

Reaction score

Thats a very nice post. Not only is a honda accord very stylish, its feels very comfortable to drive it especially on long journeys

soccerchamp16

Reaction score

Thanks, Alex. :)

I really like this BR's Ver. 2 lip, but this has been bugging me a lot. I still need to refine my work, but it's too bad that I can't do this at night. (It's noisy as hell, and I will get a letter from my neighbors like soccerchamp16 has received, which is posted on his MR thread lol.)

:lawl:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

One of my PIAA Intense White (4100K) on left went out :(
Wasn't expecting this before getting retro's...

Bought a set of PIAA Arrow Star White (4250K).
IMAG2915_zps96f3715c.jpg

IMAG2924_zpsef56f52e.jpg

IMAG2902_zpsaa18ba86.jpg

My blown 4100K Intense White on left.
IMAG2903_zps6f7530c5.jpg

IMAG2913_zps471be726.jpg

4250K vs 3200K
IMAG2925_zpsd0290e5e.jpg

Wanted to try somewhere around 4300K, where factory HIDs are rated. Good visibility on roads at night with a hint of blue on sight.

I have no skills to take & show you the true color of light at night, but just messing with editing.
IMAG2909-12_zps211a339b.jpg

↑
 ↑
There shouldn't be any purple layer to the naked eye. This is my favorite getto spray wash spot.

A small update on my lip kit:

Finished shaving the left side w/ a dremel. Needs to be sanded & refined. :coffee:
IMAG2931_zpse95f372f.jpg

I think I got a knack of it. Hopefully the right side will be easier next time.
IMAG2933_zps0a5b7f82.jpg

Thanks for checking. ;)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Thats a very nice post. Not only is a honda accord very stylish, its feels very comfortable to drive it especially on long journeys
Thanks. Yeah, most of them are comfy but I heard that Honda Element is not quite haha.

your car look pretty good :thumbsup:
Thanks. ;)

Updated OP w/ a couple of new pics:

42c6b11b-359a-44bb-b57a-045e2085337c_zps6e6959dd.jpg

And

df7305c1-dcbb-437f-8bb8-b9ccddaeaaf9_zps66ebc176.jpg

DrOwZee

Reaction score

Hey Richard,
hows the output/color on the PIAA Arrow Star White (4250K) and 4100k? I need to find the right temp to use in my ions so my output isnt JDM yellow lol. I'm thinking a pure white would be good. Just dont know what temp would do the job.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Hey Richard,
hows the output/color on the PIAA Arrow Star White (4250K) and 4100k? I need to find the right temp to use in my ions so my output isnt JDM yellow lol. I'm thinking a pure white would be good. Just dont know what temp would do the job.
What's up Mike. Wanted to reply you yesterday, but the site didn't let me post a comment for some reasons.. :thinking:

I see that you're wanting to keep your rare ion lenses haha.

PIAA Arrow Star White 4250K
Looking at the light output from the outside, I can tell that there is a tiny hint of blue in white. The blue reminds me of Lexus LS400's HID.

Driving at night, I can see those road imperfections better than my previous 4100K.

------------

PIAA Intense White 4100K
Looking at the light output from the outside, I can tell that there is no element of blue at all. Instead, there is a slight hint of those incandecent, (stock 3200K-ish, whatever that color you call it) but this is only if you are 0-20 yards away from the car.
If you see this 4100K as an oncoming car from far away, it's purely white. ← Kindda like the 1st gen Prius's.

Driving at night, some white traffic signs look whiter but the visivility on the road is not as good as my current 4250K.

You're at 6000K now, right? I think dropping it down to 4000's would make the ions output to a lighter/whiter yellow, but that I'd have to know the output of the ions "with the stock bulb" first..

One thing I can say is that 4100K - 4150K (pure white, zero blue) would give you the true output of your ion lenses. (No color + ions.) And, that could be a practical idea of utilizing your ions.

DrOwZee

Reaction score

Thanks for the info Richard, it really helped. Yeah, I'm looking for PURE white. Any hint of blue would just make the output green. As of right now, I'm running the oem bulbs which makes my output "JDM offroad Yellow" lol From what you said, i think the 4100k would be my best bet to aim for that oem 4500k output.

You said you blew one of your 4100k? You mind selling me the other one if it isn't blown so i can test it out before i buy a set?

And your car is looking mighty fine. Cant want to see it with the full lip kit.
:win:

:GetMoney: (This smilie has nothing to do with the post. I just think its hilarious lol)

Last edited:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

Thanks for the info Richard, it really helped. Yeah, I'm looking for PURE white. Any hint of blue would just make the output green. As of right now, I'm running the oem bulbs which makes my output "JDM offroad Yellow" lol From what you said, i think the 4100k would be my best bet to aim for that oem 4500k output.

You said you blew one of your 4100k? You mind selling me the other one if it isn't blown so i can test it out before i buy a set?

And your car is looking mighty fine. Cant want to see it with the full lip kit.
:win:

:GetMoney: (This smilie has nothing to do with the post. I just think its hilarious lol)
Not a problem Michael. Ah that must be quite yellow. ← Are you cool with cops now?

Well, I still have my unblown 4100K. But the glass tube has some weird build-ups and they're 2~3 yrs old tho. I have the original box, so I'll see what I can do. But please keep in mind that I can never guarantee it wont be blown during the shipping process b/c I'm not a proffesional seller.. I mean, it's totally up to you to choose the shipping plan to add a protection, but it'll suck if it's blown when you get it.

Even if I give it to you for free, if the shipping cost will become more than $25, you should buy a brand new pair online; they're about $50-$60.

I can box it, weigh it, and tell you the weight. Then you can choose your shipping company that ships it out w/ "fragile" sticker within $25. If it's possible, you can lmk the company & its shipping plan, and PM me your shipping address. How about that?

(I wish you and I live close by so I can just hand it over to you, and you can buy me a drink or something lol.)

And thank you for the compliment. Still shaving my front lip here and there.

I wanna let that tyrannosaurs shout w/ Tupac's voice lol. :hat:

Last edited:
Back