Opinions on wheels welcomed

reFR3SH

Reaction score
Hey all

Couple months ago I fitted my car with some 17' vs-xx. I absolutely love these wheels, the color the design the reputation, everything about it. Lately I have been thinking about changing them and upping them to 18' inch wheels; probably going for concave. Biggest problem for me is running proper tires for the wheels, and right now I don't have them. Got them for free/cheap so I have to settle for them.

Current specs are:
17x7.5 31mm (10m spacer) Tires: 205/40/17 nankang ns-1
17x8.5 31mm (10m spacer) Tires: 215/40/17 falken 912

I'd love to keep these wheels but at the same time I want a new look. I'm really loving the clean style and the 'not so concave' design of BBS-LM's. I know a company that make replica ones in 18x8.5. I also quite like the varrstoen te37 reps, those are affordable and look great.

Question is, should I dump some cash into refinishing my wheels (repaint, fix curb rash, slightly bent, etc...) or just grab new [replica] wheels? Just thought the forums input on this situation, maybe you guys can help me make up my mind.

Anyway heres a couple photos I got, feel free to leave a comment.

Cheers guys, thanks in advance for your inputs.

Johnny

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
You got some great wheels already! Just relip them. Look at Sleeper_Cell's VS-xx. I mean you don't have to do all that stepped lip and such, but rebarrel them to 18's with some more aggressive width and you'll be all set to go.

Real > Replica's anyday.

If I had the cash to afford some real Vienna's or Euroline instead of my rep's you know damn well I would have went with the real deal.

reFR3SH

Reaction score
Thats how i feel about them too. Even though realistically real vs reps all comes down to durability and stuff, I only DD my car and I don't track/auto-x so reps are fine...

I've thought about rebarrelling them but it cost an arm and a leg to do, and I'm finding it hard to drop that much cash on a set of wheels haha.. they're ballin' dont get me wrong, but I can't afford that :(

reFR3SH

Reaction score
Haha. If you were local maybe, but shipping wheels is too much of a hassle!

CleanWhiteHonda

Reaction score
You have a set of baller wheels. They set your car apart from every other Honda at shows/meets with xxrs. Have them re lipped, either step or flat and go more aggressive. It will totally change the appearance of your car and will look so much better than replicas.

JV6

Reaction score
I'm coming over to test fit, seriously though these rims stand out a lot on your car.

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Thats how i feel about them too. Even though realistically real vs reps all comes down to durability and stuff, I only DD my car and I don't track/auto-x so reps are fine...

I've thought about rebarrelling them but it cost an arm and a leg to do, and I'm finding it hard to drop that much cash on a set of wheels haha.. they're ballin' dont get me wrong, but I can't afford that :(

It's not just about duarbility, it's pretty much owning a legit set of wheels compared to knock offs.

It would be alot nicer to say, yeah I own a set of Work/Volks/BBS/etc over yeah I own a set of XXR/Rota/Reps.

That's just me though. I know how people want to move from wheel to wheel, I even want to move on, but these wheel I have right now is gonna look so baller after I polish them out.

Let's trade wheels then haha.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
A couple things:

1.) You should redo your wheels to wider/more aggressive specs if you want something new. Stepping them up to 18" is a really good way to set yourself apart from most owners. It was quite expensive for me to redo a set of 17" ones to 18" ones because you have to replace all the lips and barrels, but it's something most people are not willing to do. Going this route is probably not for you if you're strapped for cash though.

2.) You need to get taller tires if you're going to keep 17" wheels. Your current setup looks tiny right now.

Here are some pics of my custom VS-XX to sway you.

7492861204_9174f20bcf_c.jpg

7443051034_10992c51fb_c.jpg

7455361494_51c58a5b62_c.jpg

Final specs are 18x10.5 +26.

Back