H22 Swap

clutchkiickerr

Reaction score
yes, i swapped to obdi so i could have the ability to tune the ecu for the engine and the mods that i did.

You will need an obdiia-->obdiib adaptor harness if you want to remain obdii. You'll also need to remove the immobilizer from the prelude ecu to get the car to start.

thanks alot my brother

clutchkiickerr

Reaction score
Yes, I swapped to OBDI so I could have the ability to tune the ecu for the engine and the mods that I did.

You will need an OBDIIA-->OBDIIB adaptor harness if you want to remain OBDII. You'll also need to remove the immobilizer from the prelude ecu to get the car to start.

I just spoke to someone a few hours ago about the swap and he told me that i would have to change a lot of things on the motor because of emission that is required.is that true?
Let s say i didnt want to make that resistor pack, what is the alternative way to approach this because if i dont figure out how to do the swap i will be paying for labor

Drift

Reaction score
I just spoke to someone a few hours ago about the swap and he told me that i would have to change a lot of things on the motor because of emission that is required.is that true?
Let s say i didnt want to make that resistor pack, what is the alternative way to approach this because if i dont figure out how to do the swap i will be paying for labor

You'll need to run every emissions device that the computer is looking for, and that depends on the year of the ecu. So if you run a 97 prelude ecu, you'll have to have everything that the 97 prelude had, and it has to be functional. This is another major reason for me going OBDI. I was able to delete literally every emissions device off the car with no issues.

As for the injectors and resistor pack. . . You may not need one depending on the year of the ecu that you get. I think that all the OBDII ecus use saturated injectors, in which case the resistor pack is obsolete.

clutchkiickerr

Reaction score
You'll need to run every emissions device that the computer is looking for, and that depends on the year of the ecu. So if you run a 97 prelude ecu, you'll have to have everything that the 97 prelude had, and it has to be functional. This is another major reason for me going OBDI. I was able to delete literally every emissions device off the car with no issues.

As for the injectors and resistor pack. . . You may not need one depending on the year of the ecu that you get. I think that all the OBDII ecus use saturated injectors, in which case the resistor pack is obsolete.

I dont have to buy it from a prelude do I? cant I just get it all the parts from the dealers based on the year of the ecu?....
by the way THANKS A LOT....
when I get home im going to give u rep points.
some people would just say search.......

clutchkiickerr

Reaction score
Yes, I swapped to OBDI so I could have the ability to tune the ecu for the engine and the mods that I did.

You will need an OBDIIA-->OBDIIB adaptor harness if you want to remain OBDII. You'll also need to remove the immobilizer from the prelude ecu to get the car to start.

whos makes this harness?I was googling it but didnt find nothing but a stepdown

Drift

Reaction score
I dont have to buy it from a prelude do I? cant I just get it all the parts from the dealers based on the year of the ecu?....
by the way THANKS A LOT....
when I get home im going to give u rep points.
some people would just say search.......

whos makes this harness?I was googling it but didnt find nothing but a stepdown

You can get the parts from the dealership, its gets pricey, but thats your best source. What you want to do is complicated and expensive, know that before taking things apart. Like I've mentioned a few times, I was not emissions compliant for a lot of reasons, ease of install was a major one.

As for the harness. .
http://www.xenocron.com/obd2b-to-obd2a-ecu-conversion-harness-p-172.html

clutchkiickerr

Reaction score
You can get the parts from the dealership, its gets pricey, but thats your best source. What you want to do is complicated and expensive, know that before taking things apart. Like I've mentioned a few times, I was not emissions compliant for a lot of reasons, ease of install was a major one.

As for the harness. .
http://www.xenocron.com/obd2b-to-obd2a-ecu-conversion-harness-p-172.html

okok...... im currently in jersey 20 minutes from queens, I do not trust 97% of these shops because one tells another that falls into the ears n eyes of a thief.
So my best bet is to do it myself and keep quite.
saw the harness, thanks for that.
if it isn't too much to ask for but can u list me what I would b getting from the dealer.
this swap couldn't cost more than going k20 frankenstein turbo..lolz
im not a big person on wiring (the pinout and resistor thing u did) unless it's a kit that comes with exact instructions and has everything u need.
k20 is a expensive but easy swap.

Drift

Reaction score
You'll need to run every emissions device that the computer is looking for, and that depends on the year of the ecu. So if you run a 97 prelude ecu, you'll have to have everything that the 97 prelude had, and it has to be functional.

what would I be asking for at the dealer?........

I cant hold your hand through this swap man, sorry. I work on cars all day, I get burned out at night.

What you need to buy is dependent on what you've bought or plan to buy.

Back