Need some help 6thgen

Aeraun

Reaction score
I have an '02 sedan and I got an H23a swap done with 5spd. I recently got a tune up - new belts, antifreeze, oil change, etc. I also just replaced the thermostat and radiator cap due to this issue, but unfortunately it hasn't fixed it. The issue is that the fans aren't coming on and the antifreeze is going in to the overflow res before the fans ever come on. I have the stock radiator and radiator cap for the F23. I'm thinking that maybe there is a temperature discrepancy with the H23's running temp. But I haven't been able to find an exact answer anywhere if there is a significant running temp difference between the engines. The thermostat I got is for a 2000 prelude, it was most like the old one that came with the H23. If I have the right idea on what the fan switch is I checked that its connected,but I may be wrong - I assumed it was the wire connected directly to the thermostat housing. Any ideas or advice? thanks for reading

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
That makes two of us, I just decided to say fck it and hard wire them to my ignition. I didn't want to bother checking whether it was a wiring issue or a fan switch issue. Let me knw if you find the answer.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Congrats on the swap. Sorry this popped up, hope you get it figured out. Check with Nick (Drift), he seems to know all.

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
IIRC, the H runs a slightly higher operating temp than the F. You might try swapping the temp sensor out for an H23 temp sensor but if that doesn't work I think Spoon makes a sensor that kicks the fans on at a lower temperature.

nsjames

Reaction score
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DAK-PAC-2700/

fixes all your fan temperature issues. Install sender, set it to turn on the fan whenever you'd like it to. Wire your AC into it for the AC fan control. Setup cool down timer.

Will control up to two 70A fans. Comes with one relay, you'll need another relay for the second fan.

Aeraun

Reaction score
Alright cool, Ill look in to all this stuff. Ill let you guys know if I find anything new out. Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

Back