RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 coupe 6MT

^I decided to use UA5 PFM's which I got for just under $170. My paint guy quoted me $100 to refinish.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Picking up the mirrors Thursday. :rock: I need to get the glass off the USDM's so everything is ready to assemble. I'll have to figure out how to run the heating wires from the back of the glass out into the sail, FNCONE said he disassembled the motor to do that.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Soo still no mirrors after 4 weeks, should be able to get them tomorrow though. Wish I had the equipment and confidence to paint.

Every time I drive the wife's car, it gets me thinking about how much I want something newer and nicer. My car is certainly more sporty and luxurious than when I got it, but sometimes its old age, condition, and lack of refinement get to me. Gotta pay her car off and then save a decent down payment though, so it's still a ways off. I think part of it is lately it seems not much of what I do with the car keeps me happy anymore, which makes me question whether I'm nearing the end of the road with it. Summer is coming though, maybe this is just the winter blues haha.

kn0x47

Reaction score

Soo still no mirrors after 4 weeks, should be able to get them tomorrow though. Wish I had the equipment and confidence to paint.

Every time I drive the wife's car, it gets me thinking about how much I want something newer and nicer. My car is certainly more sporty and luxurious than when I got it, but sometimes its old age, condition, and lack of refinement get to me. Gotta pay her car off and then save a decent down payment though, so it's still a ways off. I think part of it is lately it seems not much of what I do with the car keeps me happy anymore, which makes me question whether I'm nearing the end of the road with it. Summer is coming though, maybe this is just the winter blues haha.

i've thought the same thing for years now too. I keep thinking about buying either an frs, s2000, 76-77 celica, MKIV supra, LS460L, or SC300 but then i remember my car's paid for, parts are cheaper and easy to find, and the car's still reliable. Of course, I'm still trying to buy a house so that's big motivation for me to save money

Varnell

Reaction score

^I keep thinking about building my dream car, but quickly remind myself how spoiled we are when it comes to sourcing parts.

Chris, you could try not babying it, for a change. lol

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
RR's 3.2L '99 coupe 6MT

I wish these swap parts were readily available and cheap

I know what you mean Chris. This forum seems like it's dying and everyone else is moving onto newer platforms. Working at a car dealership makes me want luxury and all that, but then I see the repair cost if something happens. And a lot of it has to be fixed by the dealership.

Lately, while buying all of these swap parts, I could've saved money and bought something nicer, faster, more luxurious, etc.... But then I realize that I'll have a little bit of more money in the car, and it'll be at a stage I didn't think I'd ever reach with this car. I still rarely see this chassis modified around here or really any show I go to anymore. It's nice to be different sometimes

Last edited:

Varnell

Reaction score

As far as the forum feeling likes it's dying, for the last three weeks 9 out of 10 times I try to post the server crashes for me. My post doesn't save when I go back a page and I just move on.

604ACCORD

Reaction score

Buddy your pedals are sooooo sick I checked their site and they make wicked stuff how do they attach to the stock pedals?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score

i've thought the same thing for years now too. I keep thinking about buying either an frs, s2000, 76-77 celica, MKIV supra, LS460L, or SC300 but then i remember my car's paid for, parts are cheaper and easy to find, and the car's still reliable. Of course, I'm still trying to buy a house so that's big motivation for me to save money

I wish these swap parts were readily available and cheap

I know what you mean Chris. This forum seems like it's dying and everyone else is moving onto newer platforms. Working at a car dealership makes me want luxury and all that, but then I see the repair cost if something happens. And a lot of it has to be fixed by the dealership.

Lately, while buying all of these swap parts, I could've saved money and bought something nicer, faster, more luxurious, etc.... But then I realize that I'll have a little bit of more money in the car, and it'll be at a stage I didn't think I'd ever reach with this car. I still rarely see this chassis modified around here or really any show I go to anymore. It's nice to be different sometimes

Exactly how I felt ...:(

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Lack of desire....because Coupe.

See how you don't hear this type of sadness from the sedan guys?

:lawl:

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to a sedan, and swap those fancy OEM+ parts over, and then you will see how the car really brings back that pride and love!

Sorry, do I sound biased???

:henry:

Back