Looking To Buy Retrofit's

Namboyz

Reaction score
Well i dont have the skillz or time to make my own so im just throwing it out there. Im looking to buy some headlights with retrofited projectors in them.

Thanks

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i dont have the skillz or time to make my own so im just throwing it out there. Im looking to buy some headlights with retrofited projectors in them.

Thanks

just buy the morimo h1s and pay some1 to do the labor work for u. im sure there are a good amount of members from ur area.

av6_sm1ke

Reaction score
^ This.

Buy a spare set of OEM or Depo headlights, take em apart and retro them with morimoto h1 projectors. The only thing you need to cut is the trim piece in the headlight (the part you blackhouse). Everything else bolts right in.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Any of those routes sound good. After seeing a set of HIDIllusionz in person, I was pretty disappointed the lack of craftsmanship.

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the Bi-xenon Morimoto Mini H1 from Matt @ theretrofitsource. Customer service is top notch and same day shipping.

"$110/pair on the projectors w/ the shrouds
$25/pair on the bulbs (Morimoto 5000K - better quality than the eBay crap)
Free shipping
= $135 shipped" - Matt

Ballast: DDM has Apexcone Raptor on sale for $25 or DDM slim for $35 with H1 bulbs.

Also, if you can screw on a light bulb, you can pretty much put together a retrofit with the Mini H1.

DIY:

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31166&highlight=morimoto

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Really?? Wow... those things are $$$$ too

Yeah. And so many people have recommended them. But on the set I saw, the part of the housing just on front and below the projector was shaved very jaggedly and there were heavy scratches/paint distortion in the space of a quarter. The shroud was unevenly cut in one headlight and too much of it was removed on one side.

I dunno, I couldn't believe they let that out the door.

Back