Just saw a wild accident

cajun

Reaction score
I just saw a late model Blazer kiss some highway barrier walls. I was going about 65mph and the guy was pulling away about 50 yards in front of me. He was tailgating a big rig and then I saw him start to swerve a bit. Next thing I see is him broadsiding the right concrete barrier, then he swerved hard and hit the left barrier head-on. The body roll on both swerves was incredible. I pulled over to check on the guy. He was OK and already calling 911. We were both amazed that his airbags didn't go off. I guess he didn't hit the left wall with as much velocity as it looked like to me. Both front tires were shredded and the guy claimed to have no idea why he lost control.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
come to jersey next time it snows. all the rich soccer moms with sugar daddys drive their SUV's goin like 90 down the highways cuz "theyre SUV's and you can drive them like that in a blizzard." your story happens all the time, haha.

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Dang. If he is hurt he should have someone look into why the airbags didn't go off. Maybe he could get some $$ from the vehicle manufacturer if it's a factory defect.

VitoHGrind

Reaction score
I saw a similar accident the last time I was leaving Houston. It was raining hard as usual (in Houston they don't have rain storms or water showers, they have FIRE HOSE) and I felt my tires want to hydroplane at a section of highway. I glanced in my rearview for whatever reason and I saw this loaded down taurus hit that same spot, lose control, then careen (sp?) across the highway and smash into the wall, front end first. It bounced off, slid back across the highway, then broadsided the opposite wall. With that apparently not enough to kill it, it creeped across the highway and bumped against the far wall again before finally coming to rest. There was some close calls as cars tried to avoid hitting, but luckily there was no pile up.

With that location being where it was, there was no way for me to check on the ppl short of exiting a couple miles later and doubling back, but I did call 911 to report it. I hope they were ok, and I'm glad this guy got away unharmed. Hope he's got some good insurance.

Jeffro

Reaction score
Saw the same thing accross 3 lanes of rush hour traffic by a 2006 or 2005 or something Nissan Altima a few months back. Scared me because he started sliding towards the inside wall right beside me. Sucked to be him.

By the way, my brother-in-law drives a 96 Blazer and ran a red light and T-boned someone and his airbags didn't go off either. That's strange... :icon_gay:

Saved his POS though from being totalled. :kenny:

Back