Sino's 1999 Accord EX Sedan 5MT (56k)

Sino

Reaction score
Going to use this post to keep all my thoughts and observations regarding a hypothetical H22A4 swap.

I noted today that there's some differences in the immobilizer system, more than just the prelude having the red learning key.

Accord Immobilizer System
07xND6v.jpg

Prelude Immobilizer System
k9cAkKr.jpg

Note the extra step between the receiver at the lock cylinder and the ECU, and the starter kill that accords don't have. (Was locking out the fuel not enough? -.-) It's not impossible that the accord immo receiver can pass on the code from the prelude key transponder, but that immo control unit will likely be mandatory. I'm sure I could find somewhere to stash it lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

twofast4u

Reaction score
You could also try and find the ultra rare P13-A12 ECU from a 96 lude. Its an OBD2 ecu with no immobilizer for the h22.

Sino

Reaction score
True, but that thing's a bit of a unicorn and I would probably be buying an entire prelude so that whatever I'd need I could swap over. I'm sure there'd be some accord components that wouldn't be compatible. As annoying as they are for gearheads, immobilizers are a decently effective anti theft device. It'd be nice to keep it functioning.

kn0x47

Reaction score
Like Kn0x said I don't think it'll be that dark in natural light. It'll probably still be a blue, albeit a really dark blue, even away from reflection spots. In any case, I'm sold on that color if I ever do a vinyl wrap.

so I ordered a midnight blue sample with the last batch of samples i got and I'm definitely wrong. the photos i posted i think match up better with 3m's deep blue metallic. This 3m midnight blue seems to look black most of the time and it's only with the light hits it right that you can see the blue

Sino

Reaction score
Hmm, thanks for the info. I still really like the color I just hope if I ever slap it on that it's just blue enough to avoid having to change the color on my registration. I'm sure it'll be fine. There's a few makes that use that color paint and it looks passable. From what I've read midnight blue's blue color becomes more pronounced in full spectrum light like sunlight. Wish I could find that wrapped M4 out in daylight.

kn0x47

Reaction score
Hmm, thanks for the info. I still really like the color I just hope if I ever slap it on that it's just blue enough to avoid having to change the color on my registration. I'm sure it'll be fine. There's a few makes that use that color paint and it looks passable. From what I've read midnight blue's blue color becomes more pronounced in full spectrum light like sunlight. Wish I could find that wrapped M4 out in daylight.

you would have to change your registration? man that sucks. blue is blue no matter how dark it is so i wouldn't worry about it but i dont know how strict your laws are up there

Sino

Reaction score
Just a bit of healthy paranoia. Don't want to give insurance any excuse to deny a claim lol. I'd be comfortable leaving it as blue though.

Sino

Reaction score
After upgrading my garage door opener my Homelink panel has been rendered useless. Apparently newer Homelink openers operate on different or more frequencies than old remotes and require an overpriced bridge to maintain functionality.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Same thing happened to me when I replaced our system. Sucks having to clip an opener on your sunvisor with a perfectly good Homelink button right there. Maybe there's a way to upgrade it from a more recent Honda/Acura...?

I'm going to try it in the wife's car since hers is newer.

Sino

Reaction score
Thought about doing that when I saw the list of model years that would have the newer system lol. Maybe if I find one cheap on eBay or junkyard.

Back