H23 Intake Manifold onto F23 Head

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
can't u use the f23 plenum and h23 runners? i tot i read somewhere on H-T that this was done b4...

AFAccord

Reaction score
Update:

My prospective clutch deal fell through, so last night I ordered an Action 1KS Clutch kit, and an ACT Streetlite flywheel. Hopefully it'll be here either Saturday or Monday at the latest.

I can idle my car in gear right now without pressing the clutch in and it won't choke down. It's like driving an auto with a 4,000rpm stall convertor. :bash:

I've been looking for aluminum plates to use as the manifold adapter, and most of my findings are more than I want to spend. ($120+ for a 1' x 2' piece) I have found one site where I can order a 12" x 18" 3/8" 5052-H32 Aluminum Plate for $49, but I'm lazy and haven't measured the length of the flange yet. I also found a site that sells plastic and poly carbonate plates. I can order a 12" x 24" sheet of 1/2" UHMW plastic for $24.

One description that I've found states the characteristics of this plastic:

"Ultra High Molecular Weight polyethylene (UHMW-PE) is an engineering thermoplastic with a molecular weight of greater than 3.1 million AMUs (atomic mass units). The high molecular weight enhances a number of important physical properties, not the least of which are outstanding abrasion resistance, high impact strength and a low coefficient of friction. In addition, the polymer has good chemical resistance, excellent sound dampening characteristics, superior dielectric and electrical insulating properties and it doesn’t absorb moisture."

A high temp version is available that is rated up to 280 degrees, but at this point I'm not sure that's going to be enough. The research continues...

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try finding out whatever those Hondata gasket spacers things are made of. Thought of using plexiglass? I dont know the melting properties or anything of it off hand.

AFAccord

Reaction score
I'll look into that. It's my understanding that plexiglass is prone to stress cracks when heated and cooled repeatedly. I've been calling several plastic manufacturers to get their recommendations based on the following criteria:

-machinability
-oil/solvent resistance
-expansion/contraction to heat
-heat conduction/dissipation
-impact strength
-melting/burning point

AFAccord

Reaction score
Ordered an OE F23 IM gasket and Bisimoto heatshield H23 IM gasket today, plus Felpro H23 and F23 gaskets to do my porting on the plate with. The aluminum plate was ordered from an Aluminum supply company on eBay. From rough measurements, it has to be 4"x16" to fit the manifold correctly. I'll post up some photos once I start the machining.

STILL waiting on the new clutch/flywheel to get here. Should be here tomorrow. Meanwhile, the car is torn apart in the garage while I fiddle with various things. Considering doing a write-up to replace the rubber flex line in the clutch release system. I'll have to see if I can get the AN connectors locally before I commit.

Jeremiah

Reaction score
I would love to replace the rubber in the clutch system...

AFAccord

Reaction score
Still waiting on the aluminum plate to arrive.

Clutch/flywheel is in an for the most part broken in.

Slapped the g-force Sports on last night. I'll be heading for Darlington Dragway tomorrow to get some baseline runs. :)

AFAccord

Reaction score
Taking her to the track tonight for some pre-manifold runs. Nothing much should change from now until I get the manifold on. Hoping for something at LEAST faster than last time. lol

Back