DIY: Using OEM Fog Switch with Civic Harness and Foglights

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Bingo, that's probably the issue then. I'd learn from this time around, and don't forget to do it again! Because, you just got yourself into at least $55 materials and 1 hour labor DIY situation. It's not hard, just a small space to work in. There's a DIY on it. This may be the case if you already ruled out blown fuses..

Last edited:

Millz

Reaction score
okay so i read the 4 pages and got very confused...

my civic fog switch is in order like this... if the switch is right side up

civic switch:
1. BLACK
2. RED
3. YELLOW
4. RED

my oem is in order like this (right side up):
1. BLACK
2. RED&ORANGE
3. RED&BLACK
4. RED&BLACK
5. BLACK

Mind got turned to mush for some reason after reading all the comments & all.

Can anybody help me out? Gonna have a friend help me out tonight @ our weekly meet to wire the OEM switch up.

Sorry & thanks.

AV_SICK

Reaction score
im having that same problem, my civic switch colors are ( top to bottom) black, red, yellow, red, so how do i match it up to the accord switch?

arise257

Reaction score
Call me crazy or ignorant, or maybe both but:

Why doesn't anyone just hook their fogs up to the high-beam switch? Seems like you wouldn't want them running all the time, and the best time to switch them on would be in a high-beam situation.

Am I missing something?

juicebox00

Reaction score
Call me crazy or ignorant, or maybe both but:

Why doesn't anyone just hook their fogs up to the high-beam switch? Seems like you wouldn't want them running all the time, and the best time to switch them on would be in a high-beam situation.

Am I missing something?

ummm. if they're on a switch you can have them on or off whenever you want...joo make no sense

arise257

Reaction score
ummm. if they're on a switch you can have them on or off whenever you want...joo make no sense

I know they're on a switch so you can get them on or off. My point is that fogs are brighter than your lowbeams, so you'd want them on (or at least I would want them on) when you need it brighter - highbeam mode. Hence my original question, why not just rig it to the same switch?

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
I know they're on a switch so you can get them on or off. My point is that fogs are brighter than your lowbeams, so you'd want them on (or at least I would want them on) when you need it brighter - highbeam mode. Hence my original question, why not just rig it to the same switch?

Some like fogs more for "looks" rather than functionality... I have some that are tinted which greatly reduces the output but I don't mind how they look when they are on

arise257

Reaction score
Some like fogs more for "looks" rather than functionality... I have some that are tinted which greatly reduces the output but I don't mind how they look when they are on

Well I guess if it's purely for looks then it doesn't matter. I'm fine them being off till I actually use them for what they're made for - blinding the **** out of deer.

Back