99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! Update, 10/26/12, pics pg6! RUNNING!

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Re: 99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread!

Ya dig? I'm still searching for some more wiring info. How to get the JDM internal coil Distributor wired in for my JDM p13 obd1 ecu. Then doing the OBd2<obd1 Extension harness. The wiring is the biggest mess with the Swap. everythig else is fairly a bolt in affair. I also have a close ratio Non-lsd H trans that im using for my 1st-4th gear set swap into the Accord trans. Should be good set up. Will be converting to rear disc brakes from drums aswell with a writeup, and Oem BBK set up in the front. Woo

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score

This is the chart I am using to wire my distributor.

Sixth Gen Accord Distributor Wire Table:
H22 Plug Wires - F23 Harness (use 18 guage unless specified)

2 Contact Plug
Blk w/ Ylw Strip - 12vDC+ (12 guage)
Blu - Tach
7 Contact Plug
Wht - Blk
Wht w/ Blu Strip - Red
Orng - Purple
Orng w/ Blu Strip - DkBlu
LtBlu - LtGrn
LtBlu w/ Ylw Strip - Wht
Ylw w/ Grn Strip - Ylw w/ Grn Strip
Caution: Certain colors may vary. Table to be used only as a guide.

Elite1JDM

Reaction score

Dam password jdm sells an intake and a shift knob for
500 bucks! Lol

Nice come up and you could bar it if you wanted!

Last edited:

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score

The dizzy is the hardest part did my
Swap in two days

Did you use the JDM internal coil 9pin dizzy or the usdm external coil with the two connectors? I figured that the dizzy wiring would be the most bull****.

And I'm thinking about selling one, or both the ecu's so anyone interested, Hit me up.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score

Starting swap, Here we go...

DSCF0742.jpg

Obviously that F23a1 needs to come out, trans, wiring, all of it. Assuming you know how to remove an engine, i wont post the step by step pics i've taken, just the pics i feel are important to the swap. If you need pics, pm me.

DSCF0745.jpg

DSCF0747.jpg

Scored a trans too, No idea what ratio's it has. =/ will figure it out and then show you a step by step on the 1-4 gear swap into the f23a1 trans.
DSCF0751.jpg

To use accord A/c compressor, Take this bracket from F23, and Transfer to H22, it's an exact fit.
DSCF0770.jpg

You will need the accord f23 water outlet for the h22 head so the upper radiator hose will work, H22 outlet left, and f23 on right
DSCF0775.jpg

DSCF0777.jpg

Day 1 progress, Since then I have the trans out, and the engine harness out. will post more pics tomorrow.
DSCF0797.jpg

DSCF0799.jpg

Last edited:

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Re: 99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! New pics, pg2.

Just ordered a Cheap set of headers, and a P28 with a custom h22 basemap. Boost in the future!

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Re: 99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! New pics, pg2.

Engine is in! Fit's almost like a glove, it's temporarily on the h22 mount with on bolt through it untill i get a modified mount. I transfered all my Sensors from the F23 i could onto the H22 (Ect, gauge sender, Vtec pressure switch, blah.) And i have figured out the Distributor wiring. Going to try and move all the guts from the Accord Dizzy into the H22 Dizzy and get an internal coil Cap and rotor, Should make the swap much easier for some. Haveing trouble with the IACV, Do i just wire the Pos and ground to the Prelude iacv, and not use the Signal wire from the f23 plug?

Only Problems so far, The oil pan is about 1/4 inch away from the subframe on the drivers side. =/ engine shouldn't fall out so not too worried. the prelude PS bracket wont fit with the accord alternator bracket. Will change them all out. The intake manifold didnt fit untill i removed the ITB's, which i'm not using anyway. Also i have no place for the IAT sensor. (Intake Air Temp.)
I'm going to use my accord TB for now since i want cruise and the TPS is broken on the H22 TB.

Any questions, Pm me.

DSCF0802.jpg

Using accord clutch and flywheel.
DSCF0806.jpg

You can see the TDC and CKP sensor plug. I don't need to extend them to the dizzy since this in an OBD2 h22a4.
DSCF0812.jpg

Bolt trans on. lol Thing made me angry.
DSCF0814.jpg

DSCF0818.jpg

Took me literally Ten minutes to bolt it in...
DSCF0822.jpg

Almost looks OEM... haha
DSCF0825.jpg

Last edited:

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
Re: 99CcordMTF23's H22-Swap thread! Update, 6/6/12, pics pg2!

Everything went together easier than when i replaced the f23 two years ago. the H22 just kinda fell into place. I am pretty sure there aren't too many modifications needed to be made to my accord harness, besides extending a couple wires and that's it. My Ecu is coming soon, as well as the Header, and my OBD1 conversion harness. Just put it's first oil and filter in today. Gonna throw synchromesh in the trans tomorrow and just button things up untill parts arrive. My goal was to Get people into the H22 swap for the accord without going "God it's such a pain in the ****" And see some more Modified swapped CG's. talking the wife into letting me slam it too!

Last edited:
Back