[Updated 12/28] J32 Swap [Wiring]

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 2/13/15] J32 Swap [Engine Out]

Progress has been slow thanks to Calc III and advanced calculus-based Physics. Here's where I stand with the swap. J30a1 is out. J32a2 just needs the timing belt put on. New oem clutch and flywheel are already installed. CV axles have been ordered and I'm waiting on '06 RL Red Stuff brake pads and SS brake lines. Figure it'll be quicker and easier to swap all the suspension out from the i4 while everything is already torn open.

20150213_142228.jpg

20150213_142117.jpg

20150213_142108.jpg

20150213_142057.jpg

20150213_142025.jpg

20150213_142014.jpg

That 6 speed bend, though. :drool:

20150213_141951.jpg

20150213_141945.jpg

20150213_141936.jpg

FNCONE

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 2/13] J32 Swap [Engine Out]

Dam one day I'll have mine lol. Awesome another CL not going into a civic I love it!

Varnell

Reaction score

Engine is in. Just a few issues left. The wiring doesn't seem too difficult, but I'm currently looking for a J32 dash harness. Anyone know if I can get away with using the automatic one? Or even a non-typeS one? I spoke with the guy that I bought the engine from and he was utterly unwilling to cooperate and send the dash harness, or even just the cut end that connects to the ecu.

Other than that I just need a master slave cylinder that fits. The one I ordered has a different line. Almost there, though.

Last edited:

bluiezaccord

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 3/11] J32 Swap [Engine Mounted]

Hey bro,

I think the connector e plug from the RSX Type S will work. Although it looks like you have to add some pins/wires to it.
2002_rsx_ecu_pinout2.gif

Varnell

Reaction score

Dam one day I'll have mine lol. Awesome another CL not going into a civic I love it!

It's really not too bad of a swap. I've been ordering fresh parts and that's been the biggest holdup. I agree. I'd much rather seen them put into an accord, but I respect the civic guys for going through the trouble. It'd be like driving a go-kart from hell. lol

Hey bro,

I think the connector e plug from the RSX Type S will work. Although it looks like you have to add some pins/wires to it.
2002_rsx_ecu_pinout2.gif

Thanks for the idea. They're both 31 pin connectors so it looks possible. Saved me from sending some angry voicemails to the guy that refuses cut two plugs off a dash harness in his junkyard.

When are you going to upload some pics of your swap?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 3/14] J32 Swap [Engine Mounted]

Oh man, I am so excited for you! Seems to be coming along swimmingly. When do you estimate your first test drive to be?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 1/29/15] J32 Swap [Maintenance]

...I tried for a few weeks to talk them down but they know exactly how rare these are, and that somebody will pay that much for them.

the engine and tranny in the cars, yeah. Kinda rare since they were only made in 2003 but...

These J32A2 parts are still in stock. You can still order the block, internals, etc.

6 speed tranny - maybe in stock with Acura. But you can also use the manual 6-speed from an 03-06 Accord v6 or an 04-06 Acura TL. Not sure if the gear ratio is the same between all 3 but, TB Motorworx offers a 3.80 final drive that will get your car down the track faster than the stock 03 6-speed tranny.

Varnell

Reaction score
Re: [Updated 1/29/15] J32 Swap [Maintenance]

Oh man, I am so excited for you! Seems to be coming along swimmingly. When do you estimate your first test drive to be?

Thanks. I'm pretty excited, myself. I've run into a few hiccups, but I've tracked down the parts pretty quickly. Just got the master cylinder in the mail today and installed it after running into issues with the master cylinder line I had previously ordered. I finally found a dash harness from an 03 CL-S 6MT and I'll hopefully have it by friday. Here's hoping she fires up without any major issues I'll be happy.

As for the first test drive, I still need to workout getting the car inspected, registered, etc. Then working out something with getting the hood squared away. I'm not worried about installing my RL calipers or swapping over suspension components until I get everything else squared away. By May, at the latest, but I'm hoping by the beginning of April.

the engine and tranny in the cars, yeah. Kinda rare since they were only made in 2003 but...

These J32A2 parts are still in stock. You can still order the block, internals, etc.

6 speed tranny - maybe in stock with Acura. But you can also use the manual 6-speed from an 03-06 Accord v6 or an 04-06 Acura TL. Not sure if the gear ratio is the same between all 3 but, TB Motorworx offers a 3.80 final drive that will get your car down the track faster than the stock 03 6-speed tranny.

Good to know. I was toying with the idea of picking up a spare LSD tranny in case mine craps out. I don't want to spend months tracking one down with this being my only car. I'll definitely look into that TB Motorworx tranny.

Last edited:

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
Re: [Updated 3/14] J32 Swap [Engine Mounted]

Going a lot faster on this than I am. Wish I had enough money for my last few parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back