Ob2 to obd1/ p28 problems

sg_81

Reaction score
Hi all. Need some help from you guys. I purchased a ob2 to obd1 raywire harness with a chipped p28 ecu for tunning purposes. Well I'm having issues because the fuel pump isn't coming on. Anyone know what can cause this? I've been searching all day for answers and have come up with nothing but doubts. 1. You need to repin wires. 2. Accord immobilizer. If some of you turbo 6th gens can help I would greatly appreciate it or anyone who has knowledge of this issue.

Last edited:

Rusty Accord

Reaction score
Hi all. Need some help from you guys. I purchased a ob2 to obd1 raywire harness with a chipped p28 ecu for tunning purposes. Well I'm having issues because the fuel pump isn't coming on. Anyone know what can cause this? I've been searching all day for answers and have come up with nothing but doubts. 1. You need to repin wires. 2. Accord immobilizer. If some of you turbo 6th gens can help I would greatly appreciate it or anyone who has knowledge of this issue.

Most common cause for fuel pump not running is the main relay. There is also a fuel pump fuse in the left under dash fuse box that might be blown.

dawg316

Reaction score
running a chipped obd1 ecu in my 6th gen and she fired right up. check your main relay. better yet take a test light and see if powers getting to the fuel pump. then go look towards the main relay.

or you can swap in your old ecu and see if the fuel pump comes on to help further diagnos your problem

sg_81

Reaction score
When I plug in the old ECU it fires right up but when I plug in the jumper harness with the p28 ecu no power to the pump. Someone said about the immobilizer that Honda has.

dawg316

Reaction score
imobilizer gets dissabled when you use a obd1 ecu. so thats not the issue. grab a test light or volt meter and see if your getting 12 volts going to the pump with the new ecu

HEADACHE CG6

Reaction score
I have the same ecu set up with a h swap and my fuel pump does not always come on when I turn the key...some time I hear a sparking sound like something is touching under the dash near the fuel pump fuse...if u move the fuse any like push it in or just move it period the pump comes on. any suggestions on how to fix this problem? where is the fuel relay located
:shrug:

Back