Retrofit Club

angelplus

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
MY RETRO IS WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

for now atleast haha

'bout time hahahha J/K

But glad to hear that its up and running :cool:

angelplus

Reaction score
How's everyones retros goin? I've got something comming for your guys this Christmas as a little thing for the retrofit club :)

If you need any questions answer, we're here just about 24/7 haha

Also, I am taking suggestions for things to do in the club. Its a club, so I think that we should do stuff that gets everyone involved a little more.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
so far, ive got projectors, harness, bulbs, and ballasts--headlights on the way (no time or tools available :( )
angelplus said:
Its a club, so I think that we should do stuff that gets everyone involved a little more.
help me find some frickin 00-05 celica halogen lenses lol :rofl:also, i need shroud/bezel and painting ideas :beer:

ryon527

Reaction score
I want to do the color mod on my tsx projectors but I don't know what to do about the light that will leak out between the 2 halves of the projector. Any suggestions?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
generally, people use aluminum tape or something similar. this depends on your shroud setup and method of mounting the projector.

angelplus

Reaction score
ryan s said:
so far, ive got projectors, harness, bulbs, and ballasts--headlights on the way (no time or tools available :( )

help me find some frickin 00-05 celica halogen lenses lol :rofl:also, i need shroud/bezel and painting ideas :beer:

Alright well why the hell would you need celica lenses? :bash:

For your shroud you could fabricate your own, or buy e46, A4, S4, S2k, or any other kind of OEM shroud from a car with projector headlights. For a paint scheme, I did the color of my car, so maybe you can go unique and try that :thumbsup:

ryon527 said:
I want to do the color mod on my tsx projectors but I don't know what to do about the light that will leak out between the 2 halves of the projector. Any suggestions?

You shouldn't see that part of the projector unless its not behind a shroud. Let me know how everything is positioned

Last edited:

ryon527

Reaction score
angelplus said:
You shouldn't see that part of the projector unless its not behind a shroud. Let me know how everything is positioned

905778_52_full.jpg

I have a pipe flange for the bezel and the shroud is a sheet metal piece that is jb welded to the front half of the projector where the heads of the bolts are. I think the light will show around the edges of the sheetmetal if I don't seal it somehow.

angelplus

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
905778_52_full.jpg

I have a pipe flange for the bezel and the shroud is a sheet metal piece that is jb welded to the front half of the projector where the heads of the bolts are. I think the light will show around the edges of the sheetmetal if I don't seal it somehow.

Yeah, I would try to seal it up some how. I personally dont know what you could use, but I'm sure you can be creative with something that can take high temps of the projector. I'd try some trial and error, and see if the light actually goes through.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
angelplus said:
Alright well why the hell would you need celica lenses? :bash:

For your shroud you could fabricate your own, or buy e46, A4, S4, S2k, or any other kind of OEM shroud from a car with projector headlights. For a paint scheme, I did the color of my car, so maybe you can go unique and try that :thumbsup:
i need celica lenses cause theyre clear and the focal point is almost the same as what was designed with the projector. the stock rx330 lens isnt the standard fresnel, but dimpled like a golf ball. in other words, they suck :mad: with celica or 300zx lenses i get the width of an s2k with more color :D

as for a shroud, i want the e46 bi-x. since the bi-x is bigger than the single (3" vs 2.5"), i want to get a damaged set, paint them, and polish the lens holder. but, idk if thats too much black. i want a fubared set so i can cut them to fit the reflector and not have to worry about the chrome coming off.

ryan, if youre worried about the light leaking, just go to the hardware store and get some aluminum tape. it comes in a 2" wide roll, and youd just need to run one strip on the bottom. its surprisingly sticky, and since your shroud covers everything, you wont see the shinyness of the tape :thumbsup:

Back