Question for the camera guru's...

Raul

Reaction score
nelson_haha.jpg

:canada:

Ah Crazy Canucks! Go buy a Sony alpha!

Hahaha... even with crazy shipping I bet you could get a better deal. I got my 40D body and EG-2N grip for like $1150 or so.
checking adorama:
http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=canon rebel t1i

how is adorama? are they reliable to ship to canada?

edit: i had a sony alpha 300. sold it cuz i wana upgrade :)

finch13

Reaction score
They're one of the "Big 3" for camera stuff.

-Amazon
-Adorama
-B&H Photo Video

I got mine on Amazon through a company called JR Electronics... I guess they have a store in NYC? Maybe they can ship cheaper?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
ah THERE'S some more responses haha. Thanks guys, keep it coming. I want to read everyone's posts again from start to finish before I try to take a position, in leiu of sounding like an idiot. This is all good though...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
recommending main brands for the sake of them being main brands... :ugh:

spending less for more <3

HelenOster

Reaction score
Message from Helen, Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador

:canada:

checking adorama:
http://www.adorama.com/searchsite/default.aspx?searchinfo=canon rebel t1i

how is adorama? are they reliable to ship to canada?

When shopping with Adorama for shipping to Canada, you can choose from: FedEx International Economy, FedEx International Priority and UPS Express
With UPS Express, there should be no additional brokerage charges for customs clearance, as these are included in the shipping fee. The same holds true for FedEx International Economy and FedEx International Priority. I understand that back in February 2008, there was a class action lawsuit filed in Ontario against UPS for hidden fees.

Sales taxes and duty (if applicable - most photo items are duty free because of NAFTA), are additional and (unless you have an account with FedEx or UPS), are payable upon delivery. Duty may have been paid on the item entering the USA from the originating country if there was no FTA in place. But in any case, photographic equipment items between the US & Canada are duty-free.

However, if your purchase requires a tariff (eg paper products, storage media) this would typically be less than 0.5%. You can download the Customs Act on line to find out how your purchases would be classified and from that, estimate the tariff.

Many customers have reported that USPS online package tracking is not very good, and if a package is mislaid in transit that the customer must wait 45 days before submitting a lost parcel claim.

Conversely, experience has shown us that UPS's online package tracking is excellent and if a package is mislaid, that they are much more responsive. Our Canadian customers tell us that UPS is fast and reliable, and that packages are handled efficiently when they arrive into Canada.

I hope this helps, but do contact me directly if I can help with anything else.

finch13

Reaction score
recommending main brands for the sake of them being main brands... :ugh:

spending less for more <3

Well, recommending main brands for ease of technical support and such.

I'm happy to see an Adorama employee found 6GA! How did you come across this site/thread at exactly the right time?

xluben

Reaction score
Stalker! :D

Don't you post on POTN? I think I've seen a few of your posts over there.

Back