how to i take pix of.....

ericthecheat

Reaction score
using this feature...

royedit.jpg

Did you try toning down the highlights or did you just turn up the shadows? If those highlights behind her are blown you're kind of screwed but as soon as you brightened up the girl it lost all the contrast. Figure out a way to turn down the background lighting so it brings the subject to the fore.

roy was correct to use flash to light up the foreground, but direct on-camera flash looks horrible. Remember the camera only captures what it "sees", so no setting or mode would have been able to capture the dynamic range of that scene without underexposing the subject or blowing out the background. What he should have done was avoid the situation all together and not place his subject in backlit lighting. :thumbsup:

^I agree. Find a new background if you can, unless you've got some crazy expensive camera that handles that sort of dynamic range...

However, in theory, dialing up the aperture, decreasing shutter speed, and using fill flash might be able to get you what you want. If I were in that situation I would have tried using a really low aperture with a high shutter speed while focusing the shot on the face. Even if the background is bright, the the unfocussed background would put more emphasis on the subject.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
I would also combine that with the use of some Curves or Levels in Photoshop. That might make it look a bit more natural.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
thanks for the help guys!

but i dun mean help with photoshop.. no post processing for me at the moment... i just wanna take the pix and be done with lol

Back