Nashville Blizzard!! (updated Feb 1st!!!)

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
New pics on post #19

Well I guess a few saw my older thread about the "snow" we got a few weeks ago. Well this time we really did get a blizzard. STFU northern people haha. We have about 5" right now, which is probably the most I have seen in YEARS, crazy global warming.

So far it is mostly snow, but once it warms up some it will probably all turn to ice. They actually salted the roads this time, but once the sun started going down the snow started to take over. Which means SLEDDING!!!

Now for the pics... CLICK TO MAKE LARGER
Copper enjoying the snow. I tried to get him to sled with me, but he would jump off before we would move.

6thgenaccord!!

Weird looking

Our backyard...Snow has already taken it's toll on our gazebo.

MORE TO COME!! I hope to have a video of us sledding down the hill

Last edited:

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Re: Nashville Blizzard!!

oh yeah, we got SNOW.

On Friday, BlueCross closed at 2pm and boy was that just in time. I got home 20 minutes later and my hill was a lil dicey near my driveway. My neighbor came home around 4pm and he barely made it up the hill.

Then our power went out from Midnight till 5 am from a Transformer on my street, CHILLIN!!!

It's all good now. It's warm and cozy and i'm just kikin it online today. I'll try to venture out Sunday

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score

im near Richmond and we've got about 9" and it's still comin down!
this year has been a lost snowier than usual

finch13

Reaction score

Bahahaha. We call that a "dusting" up here. It must be fun to get snow in an area you wouldn't expect to get it though

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score

lol i didn't even get home last night(1990 Civic Hatch)...it was month end at work so i HAD to stay late and make sure everything happened correctly accounting wise.

i made it to I24 and the street was ok but it started snowing harder and i hadn't gotten over the ridge cut....traffic halted all together...i figured that with the kind of traffic i was in if i tried to go up that hill i would get stuck because we'd have to stop(my tires are near bald)...so i went to the exit lane....made a U-turn...overtook a stuck Nissan Xterra in the middle of an intersection and made it to my buddies house....

I just hung out and crashed there....i could have gotten home but with traffic it would have started to freeze over before i got home....so i just played it safe and stayed where i was...

ill try and post pics later....i was snapping while driving this morning...but i didn't really take any artistic pics yesterday...my buddy wanted pics of some houses in his neighborhood for their "historic home" website and so most of them are pics of houses in the snow....

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score

^^yeah they actually closed down part of I24 near Nashville it had gotten so bad. Which shows how poorly prepared roads are in TN when a freaking interstate is shut down. Our neighborhood hill was a solid sheet of ice today. So the sledding was fast, but it was impossible to control and if you wiped out it hurt.

Ohhh a Lexus RX lost traction about halfway up(owner thought she had 4WD, no joke) and for some reason the car shut up when going down the hill so at one point she was going 25mph backwards with no brakes. Missed a brick mailbox by about a foot, and a hill into trees. Great day, tons of pics to edit.

Back