J35 swap - best motor mounts and axles???

98V6Accord

Reaction score
Swapping into my 98 v6 accord (screen name). Trying to find the best axles (05 tl tranny) and the best mounts for my j35. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I used CL-S 6MT axles, and noticed they were different from the 6GA. I would use those or the axles for the TL 6MT, not sure what the difference is, if any, between them though. As for mounts I am happy with my Innovatives but I have 60A, I think they only sell higher durometer versions now which will vibrate more. Some people don't mind that, though.

98V6Accord

Reaction score
I'm looking at the innovative motor mounts.

Am I looking for
98 accord mounts?
01 mdx (block) mounts?

Are any of these compatible with eachother?

j35_cg2

Reaction score
You want the ones for the J35 you will be putting in the car.

Do not use TL or CL axles they wear out for some odd reason. Had 4 sets before I went to insane shafts. Bearings all wore out and fell out on them. A few OGs had bad luck with them as well. Stick to the stock or insane shafts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I never swapped axles in my 02 after the J35 swap, so, unless you are doing a bunch of motor work to get more power out of it, or doing alot of tracking/racing, you should be fine with your stock axles.

If you do plan on doing a 6spd swap, then I would consider doing the axles as well.

Back