THE Exhaust Review Thread

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
Brand - Custom, stock headers --> Magnaflow High Flow Cat --> 2.5in piping --> small stock resonator --> 2.5in piping --> tip
Model - n/a
Price and from where - $200ish
Pros - Deep throaty sound
Cons - Cabin Drone
Final Verdict - I absolutely love it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Brand - OBX Headers - OE Aftermarket Catalytic Converter(upgrading to High Flow cat) - Apexi Exhaust
Model - WSII
Price and from where - $350 used/local purchase
Pros - Throaty sound on acceleration, nice tone at idle
Cons - Tips stick out a bit, but even that I don't mind much
Final Verdict - I absolutely love it.

mrnude

Reaction score
Brand & model: 5zigen Fireball
Price paid and from where: 50 bucks from local member
Pros: After I removed the resonator the sound really improved, very throaty
Cons: They bolt on but come out crooked, slight work needs to be done to make them straight
Final verdict: Well worth the money, sounds great and mean

may have accidently pressed quote instead of edit sorry guys

Last edited:

Hoff Daddy

Reaction score
Brand & model: Dynomax VT muffler
Price paid and from where: about $85 at autoplicity
Pros: nearly silent when down the highway, but loud anytime you want it to be
Cons: Rattles
Final verdict: This muffler sounds mean, especially after 4 grand on my f23. Wide open you better be careful, you might get an extra ticket for noise, it's as loud as a straight pipe b18 race car I once had. I don't like to hear much when I am not having fun, so set your cruise control and enjoy the peace. As for the rattle, I've only heard it a few times. Usually there is none, but sometimes after it gets moved or revved mine will for a short while. Eventually it goes away, so it's not the end of the world.

bRaZEn_407

Reaction score
Brand & model: Custom Exhaust. V6..... Stock headers --> Stock cat --> Dynomax 24235 Resonator --> 2.25" Piping --> Mid-Muffler delete --> Rear-Mufflers deleted --> Magnaflow 35125 3.5" exhaust tips.

Price paid and from where: Jegs performance for the parts, which was $55 for the resonator and $60 for the 2 tips. $75 for installation + piping at a local shop.

Pros: Sounds INCREDIBLE. The rasp is completely gone so IMO it sounds better than my previous straight pipe set-up. Docile when I'm easy on the gas, surprisingly loud and aggressive when I'm on it. Superb tone at idle on a cold-start. The Magnaflow 3.5" tips look better than the previous OEM S2000 AP2 tips I had.

Cons: That beautiful snarl is gone :(. No more backfire :(.

Final verdict: The added resonator reduced the overall sound of the exhaust by roughly 30%. The sound was also completely changed. It went from a terrifyingly loud, deep snarl to a much more refined growl. The fact that the rasp is completely gone is what gets me. I like this more than my previous set-up. Though, I do miss all the comments my old exhaust got. Just to name a few.... "Damn, thats a Honda?", "Sounds like a monster", "What kind of engine you got in that thing?".

Last edited:

noelaorozco

Reaction score
Brand & model: SRI AEM Intake -> stock headers -> walker cat -> custom 2.25 inch popping from cat to 14851 Magnaflow Muffler with resonator delete

Price paid and from where: intake $135 ~ from ebay - muffler $155 ~ from ebay - $80 custom pipping made and installed

Pros: sounds mean and loud! Back pressure and is not complete diminished but larger pipping though the first drive after installation you can feel a difference. Oval stainless steel muffler sets the car off nice with a more VIP look than a rice look with the previous rice rocket I had. Also, loud af when you open that throttle and set off car alarms without trying and sounds louder than my homies Monte Carlo SS with two 40 sieres flowmasters with custom 2.5 pipping.

Cons: This thing is loud, even when you don't want to. Which isn't always bad but the drone and vibration in the cabin between 2.5-3k rpm every gear is something else.

Final verdict: It sounds good! Already have DC ceramic headers in the trunk ready to install, hopefully it'll give a the car another improve in the sound and performance of the car. Only this still debating is the drone and vibration of the exhaust in the cabin, will give a week and see how much I tolerate it. If I had to do it again, I might have gone with the street series of this muffler rather than the race series which I have just to try and avoid police attention as much as possible.

Back