supercharger.

Hammer99ex

Reaction score
for our cars, a centrifugial would be better that roots. more power out of the same amount of boost. if i wasnt going turbo soon, id try to throw a vortech on mine. havent seen one yet besides the dude w/ the pontiac one...

Datsrboi

Reaction score
I use to own a supercharged car. Ran just fine to me so I know quite a bit. Heres my advice. Supercharger arnt good if you live somewhere with allot of traffic and hot hot summers. People complain turbo is bad heaters but Id take turbo over supercharger since I fall in the category of traffic and heat. Even for stock car it drains allot of power. The problem isnt how the actual unit heats up, its the motor having to work twice as hard to spin it especially at idle just to keep the car going when its already hot.

Nothing fancy. Just pure performance. Pictures are a bit old. I had more done to it. No pics of the stock 98 accord yet so yeah....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lIqwuhXYBAI

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/datsrboi/0.htm
(Theres a link of my grandma car against a Z28ss built on slicks. I lost to it by 2 car length because of a mis shift and a bad take off on bald tires)

just in case people think I am faking out that my solara is boosted.

P1020048.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

736c7383.jpg

DSC_1338.jpg

DSC_1476.jpg

Last edited:

chomorro21

Reaction score
What is this eram thing you guys are talking about?? I ran a JRSC on my prelude with hondata and a smaller pulley to push 12 psi and i didnt like it too much. Intake temps and crap 91 octane even with tuning the timing had to be retarded so much to prevent detonation i was not happy with the power increase. I switched to turbo and i loved it but it was A LOT MORE headache. Probably because i peiced it together my self. Boost controller problems, injector problems, faded paint because of the heat from the turbo, once i finally got it running perfectly. I got pulled over and sent to the smog ref for not having a front license plate.... If jrsc made one for us i would buy it for sure :)

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Supposedly you can shoe horn the lude JRSC into our bay, if you don't mind modding your firewall.

chomorro21

Reaction score
Hmmm i dont see how that would work well. The lude charger is much bigger then the civic unit. Who here is running one right now?

Last edited:
Back