DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

racerzedge

Reaction score
Hey BlkCurrantKord...a bit off tangent, but did you ever do a DIY write-up for your trunk? Just wondering.

Oh, nice write-up on the 5-lug conversion, btw.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Write up for what? I bought the trunklid during a group buy for shaved trunks years ago.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Didn't realize they sell shaved trunks.

they dont haha. i believe there was a limited run of carbon fiber ones, which he has, from a company that i cant remember right now. the way to do it is take yours, or buy another oem trunk lid, and weld a piece of metal over the opening.​

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
well, thats the way to do it, hassle or not. and thats also why there are professions in the fields of welding, body work, and paint.​

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
i dont remembering some of the finer details but after looking back i see that the conversion will be even cheaper for me, causemy biggest questions was if all i had to do was replace the hubs... now what gets me is why other models besides the EX will have to replace the knuckle and spindle??? is that just to simplify the change over or is there a method in that madness?

but EX model just needs
-Hubs
-Front Calipers (off V6 model, Legend, or Teg, Type-R)
-Rotors and Pads?

correct me if im wrong?

btw hubs at my local junk yard are $14 a pop :run:

BTW nice write up!!!

Euro-R_CL1

Reaction score
i dont remembering some of the finer details but after looking back i see that the conversion will be even cheaper for me, causemy biggest questions was if all i had to do was replace the hubs... now what gets me is why other models besides the EX will have to replace the knuckle and spindle??? is that just to simplify the change over or is there a method in that madness?

but EX model just needs
-Hubs
-Front Calipers (off V6 model, Legend, or Teg, Type-R)
-Rotors and Pads?

correct me if im wrong?

btw hubs at my local junk yard are $14 a pop :run:

BTW nice write up!!!

i second this question, im $88 away from my FF type ones and would like to do this mod while im installing the coilovers :leeann::thumbup:

JediYuhdigg

Reaction score
just completed this yesterday, my total cost was about $300 for the spindles, rotors, pads, calipers, and ebrake lines.

Back