DIY- LX 5 Lug and Rear Disc Swap

lashlee

Reaction score
When I did the rear disc swap I looked into swapping the master cylinder but never did. I was told by a honda tech that they had different part numbers in the 4 cylinder due to the drum dosen't have ABS and the 6 is probably due to a different bore or reservoir capacity. I've had one panic stop and didn't notice the front or rears locking up more than the other end and don't worry about it at all!!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
No I never switched them. The brakes are already rock solid, I barely have to touch them and it stops. The only thing I am going to do is redo the lines and put in a different proportioning valve so the distribution is more even.

bostoncoqui85

Reaction score
I love this thread :thumbsup: I have an ex and AFTER I read EVERYTHING it very clear what I have to do for my conversion

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
ok im considering taking this project up n start buying piece by piece and doing it in the spring. now is it true that i can use odyssey knuckles ? what about 5th gen lude knuckles ?
i want to buy that 1st since i might be the hardest to find n the buy everything else new

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That only applies to the 5thgen accords (94-97).

Just wait till shahid does his and parts out.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
lol why would i part out something i am currently doing?
its all done except for one right rear because waiting on a set of extended studs.

BlackieCG6

Reaction score
lol guessin he didnt know that... well i bought one front spindle for 50 bucks, now to look for the other 3. i think i'll check v6p before i head off to these expensive jersey junkyards

Back