Coolant leak...

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
I have had several radiators replaced on my accord (02 V6). Each radiator has leaked from the overflow outlet near the cap, so I clamped the hose and now I have a MAJOR coolant leak coming from the lower radiator hose, so I replaced the hose, and clamp. Still, the lower hose was leaking, so I took the clamp off of the overflow, and now I have just a minor leak... but, why would it leak like that? Is my system over pressurized? please help, as coolant isn't cheap for me.:)

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Because some aftermarket radiators are just plain junk.

Did you try bleeding any air out of the system?

If that does not work, get an OEM DENSO radiator. BK Honda shows they are still available.

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
I bled it just like the manual says, turn heads to 90 but don't turn on, turn cap til first click and then I wait for the cooling fans to kick on.
I'm getting the radiator replaced yet again on Friday, and then hopefully it'll be fixed. If not, I'll be getting that Denso.

Dagriff1997

Reaction score
Replaced radiator, did well for the last month it was in the car? Now its back to leaking at the overflow hose, again -_-. Would it be better to order the Denso radiator off of RockAuto? The car has literally had 5+ radiators since winter of 14.

Back