CEL wont turn off!!!

DBO867

Reaction score
Before everyon go crazy and bash on me, i did use the search option. Nothing came up, and whatever that did come up, it was never answered.

So i have the code p0135 come up which is for the bank 1 o2 sensor since mine was ripped off from my accident. The problem is, ive already replaced it with an oe denso sensor and the light is still on. Ive driven 100+ miles to let the ecu reset itself, cleared it with a scanner and it still pops right back up. Havent tried the battery technique, i figure it wont work since the scanner didnt delete it. Usually ill drive around with it and fix it later along the road but i got smog coming up next week and im not trying to pay $200+ for it to pass. Anyone know what can be the problem? Thanks in advance!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If the sensor was actually ripped from the car, there my be other damage that is keeping the sensor from having a connection. Take a closer look at harnesses, connectors, etc.

DBO867

Reaction score
I shouldve been more specific, the o2 sensor wire was ripped from the end of the o2 sensor itself. Not where its plugged into the engine harness

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Still check the wiring all the way, had this at work a week ago on a camry and the other end of the harness was damaged. If worse comes to worse go to the junk yard and pull another harness. Hope this helps, if i remember ill ask one of the master techs at work and get some ideas of what else could cause it.

james'99

Reaction score
You more than likely have a blown fuse for the heater circuit. If the wires were ripped off, there is a good chance the wires shorted out.

DBO867

Reaction score
Still check the wiring all the way, had this at work a week ago on a camry and the other end of the harness was damaged. If worse comes to worse go to the junk yard and pull another harness. Hope this helps, if i remember ill ask one of the master techs at work and get some ideas of what else could cause it.

ill do that tonight after work, thanks!

DBO867

Reaction score
You more than likely have a blown fuse for the heater circuit. If the wires were ripped off, there is a good chance the wires shorted out.

is it one of those smaller fuses or an actual relay?

Back