My cg

cruztonycg5

Reaction score
I have a 98 Accord Sedan Automatic F23 , What's the most boost I can make without a Turbo ?(HP/tq??)

& has someone ever made a Built Supercharged F23 Automatic Accord?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I assume you meant what's the most power you can make w/o a turbo, and the answer is very little unless you build the motor as bolt-ons do basically nothing for performance. But before you do anything to increase power, you should swap to the 5spd manual transmission. That will free up some power and yield more fun.

I have only seen the J motors S/C'd.

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Seriously the f23 is slow with bolt ons, couldnt imagine it with a auto. The above advice is your best bet. Im going turbo next march cause im tired of subies here eatting me alive on my commute. If you dont want to turbo you could go for a h22 or h23 swap but your going to spend around the same or more for it. But the f series love turbos and paired with the stock 5 speed with its long gears lets you stay in boost. Tons of info here so read up and ask questions.
Heres something to get you started if you arent too familar with turbos, its written for 2nd gen integras but excellent info on a proper setup
http://www.beesandgoats.com/boostfaq/g2icturbo.html

Last edited:

cruztonycg5

Reaction score
I have a learning disability and tried driving a stick before but failed many times. I'm going to stick with automatic, I just wanted to see the most power I could make with my f23 , no matter if its under 300hp I just want to see , what's the most my engine can make. Its not meant for racing ,I just want some extra power .

Eclipse99fwb

Reaction score
Well if you just do bolt ons I,H,E and maybe pulleys you might get around 140-150whp not sure as i never saw a reliable dyno of just those mods. If your not looking to go crazy get those mods and look into a cam from bisimoto for NA. With the cam and a tune you might be able to get 160+whp. Not the fastest but it would make a nice daily driver. I have the above mods minus the cam and its okay im also 5 speed though, i may or may not have a cam, only say that cause i ran a accord with the same mods and pulled pretty good on him so im not sure. I will know for sure when i adjust my valves here in a week. Just some advice since you will be sticking with the auto save for a rebuild of the trans or replacement cause they are known to crap out often without much warning. On a side note there a few cg autos i work on regularly that are auto with 175k+ mileage all on the original trannys but these owners stay up on maintenance especially flushes or drain and fills of the trans. Hope this helps you out.

Last edited:
Back