F23a1 VS. H22 Intake mani.

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
For some there is still a bit of confusion between the Manifolds, Figured i would share. The H22 intake manifold is COMPLETELY different From the F23a1. Larger runners (Two sets), Much Larger ports, Bigger Throttle Body opening, and overal what appears to be a larger plenum area.

The top one is the H22.
h22im.jpg

Here you can see the obvious differences in the Port size, and Bolt pattern.
h22im2.jpg

Big Difference.
h22im3.jpg

Now, according to my Knowledge, The F22B1-2 VTEC manifold Is the EXACT same intake manifold as the F23a1-5 Vtec and Non Vtec.

The F22B (Jdm DOHC NON VTEC engine) Has the Exact same manifold as the H23 dohc NON VTEC. (I dont believe they fit Vtec heads, But i am pretty sure they bolt up to the Sohc non-vtec F22x)

All F22x SOHC Non-vtec Intake manifolds are interchangable.

And The H22 Dohc Vtec, and F20b vtec Aswells as the H23a1 vtec (EuroR engine) all Interchange, I believe the H23a1 has The Best flowing out of the three with the most potential for power?

Skunk2 h22 intake manifolds WON'T fit in the Accord engine bay, Sorry guys.

Anyone Feel Free to add anything, and if i am wrong please correct me, as i don't want to be giving false information. Hope the pics help!

Last edited:

b18lsturbo

Reaction score
the euro r manifold doesnt have butterflys and is smaller.i think im not sure.but didnt drift put a s2k manifold on his 6g somewhere on his thread

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
From what i've read The EuroR mani dosnt have the Itb's like you said, As far as the Sk2 mani, Everything i've ever read/seen says that the Thing won't fit by the brake booster and the firewall. Kinda a try at own risk thing.

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
This may sound kind of silly. But if I am reading correctly then I could get the intake manifold off an h23a1 and it will bolt up to my f23a1?

99CcordMTF23

Reaction score
This may sound kind of silly. But if I am reading correctly then I could get the intake manifold off an h23a1 and it will bolt up to my f23a1?

The only Intake that fits the F23a1 is the F22bx (Vtec) manifold.

The H23a1 (Non-vtec) Should Fit the Dohc F22B (JDM non vtec,) and the Sohc F22x Non vtec.

I'm pretty sure.

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
This is all extremely confusing...

The top is an h22 intake and the bottom is an f23a1 intake... I have seen pictures of the f22B (DOHC) intake and it looks just like the h23a1 intake and the F22b(dohc) intake works for the f23a1?

SN95GTMustang

Reaction score
I assume the same applies for the f23a4 correct. Just trying to gather as much knowledge as possible. Thanks for your responses.

Back