Picking My Color

AFAccord

Reaction score
Driver's side mirror looks best.

The passenger side is a bit too gold.

Nice work with the painting though.

Yeah, I'm really digging the base color. The passenger mirror is waaay too gold for me.

^What he said. You're good at painting.

I'm really not that great at it. I had to wipe up several spots where the paint pooled up during the process but after a couple extra coats you couldn't even tell it was there. I've painted this car before though, so I do have a little bit of experience to fall back on.

I'm heading out right now to take some outdoor photos of the mirrors.

AFAccord

Reaction score
Brief Video

DSC_3756.jpg

DSC_3748.jpg

DSC_3754.jpg

DSC_3725.jpg

Last edited:

NASOHC

Reaction score
I say 6 or 7... since you want a bronze tone - too much bronze looks "old" IMO and the mid/lighter tones actually stand out more than darker ones if you're looking for the metallic paint to show best, day or night. Good luck, I'm sure you'll make a nice choice anyways and the car will look awesome. I suggest looking at samples in direct sunlight and compare the blue, bronze and green tones of grey - you'll be surprised how much the differ when compared side-by-side.

It is hard to chose a color, I know. I'm just glad not regreting mine. Hope you don't either so take your time!

Last edited:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I say 6 or 7... since you want a bronze tone - too much bronze looks "old" IMO and the mid/lighter tones actually stand out more than darker ones if you're looking for the metallic paint to show best, day or night. Good luck, I'm sure you'll make a nice choice anyways and the car will look awesome. I suggest looking at samples in direct sunlight and compare the blue, bronze and green tones of grey - you'll be surprised how much the differ when compared side-by-side.

It is hard to chose a color, I know. I'm just glad not regreting mine. Hope you don't either so take your time!

I almost suggested your color to him a couple times..but never did. I love the color of your car.

OP, I like the drivers side mirror the best. Doesn't look too gold/bronze.

NASOHC

Reaction score
I almost suggested your color to him a couple times..but never did. I love the color of your car.

OP, I like the drivers side mirror the best. Doesn't look too gold/bronze.

Thanks... I think he asked me once :D

And yes, the pass side looks more yellow/green tone. The original is too dark IMO - but I see where he's going with it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The first shot of the driver's side mirror looks different from the second shot, so it's definately a colour that needs to be seen in the sunlight to get a good idea of the true hue of the paint.

I agree with Ken, set out all the potential colours you are considering out in the sunlight to get a good idea of exactly how they will look.

I still prefer the driver's side colour though, just seems to vary alot depending on the lighting.

Back