Can't get strut/shocks to go back in place

imaricer:)

Reaction score
it's still a bit confusing.

so when you said the pinch bolt, you are talking about the pinch bolt on the fork? i tried putting the fork in first and last. both methods didn't work.

yes, stick the shock in the fork. tighten the pinch bolt. stick the m effer up in the car and bolt it in.

it's also weird that this shock doesn't line up completely straight...

u mean it slants when its installed? thats normal.

if u mean the shock dosnt go in the fork all the way thats most likely the way it designed or will slide in all the way once ur done and the wheels are on and off jack stands.

hellfire127

Reaction score
yes, stick the shock in the fork. tighten the pinch bolt. stick the m effer up in the car and bolt it in.

u mean it slants when its installed? thats normal.

if u mean the shock dosnt go in the fork all the way thats most likely the way it designed or will slide in all the way once ur done and the wheels are on and off jack stands.

is there no other way to move the rotor down a bit more? my fork might be stuck....man idk why the driver's side was so easy...

hellfire127

Reaction score
nvm finally got it in with a bruised finger and help w the jack. phew thought wasn't gonna make it to school in morning.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
nvm finally got it in with a bruised finger and help w the jack. phew thought wasn't gonna make it to school in morning.

thats good. sorry i couldnt help you any further, it got to the point were i couldnt expalin it on here. sometimes it cant be explained at all. everyones car is a lil different.

hellfire127

Reaction score
thats good. sorry i couldnt help you any further, it got to the point were i couldnt expalin it on here. sometimes it cant be explained at all. everyones car is a lil different.

no problem, thanks for your help though. i was literally about to give up since it's so late right now. but i took it for a test drive and it's driving fine so far. it rubbed once in the rear when i pulled out of a gas station. the front will be need to be lowered a bit, but the rear needs a little bit more height.

will have to put the eibach on here, don't know if they're worth much....

Back