Engine Stalls After Reving, Sound from engine.

LoCoNights

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! Thank you in advance for any helps you give me. So I notice last week that there was a sound coming from in my engine. Could have been one of the side belts. I didn't think anything of it and figured i would look into it next week. I'm in my car today trying to hear the noise so i rev my engine to about 4000 rpms while in park, i let go of the gas and as it gets below 1000 it stalls!! This made me very nervous as my Girlfriend drives my car daily, that's why this is urgent. I'm terrible at describing stuff so I took 2 videos to show you guys what its doing. I got the car in April and it had 82000 miles on it at the time. The only thing i have done are oils changes and the brake pads. There are no codes right now and the only light on is the SRS light is on. So here are the videos, Watch in HD! Thank you so much!!

Inside Car Video Showing it stall.

Under the Hood, Trying to show the sound from engine.

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It'll make a sound, won't cause the engine to stall though. Revving it to 4k rpms in park will though.

jwong512

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a leak around the exhaust manifold area. Have you done basic maintenance on this car? Such as spark plugs, air filter, PCV valve, etc. If not, I would highly recommend doing that first. I would also check your TB/IM to see if there is a lot of carbon buildup. If there is, then I would clean it all out to be safe and also service your car with some fuel injector cleaner. That might help if you pumped some bad fuel into your car which can cause it to stall.

Back