front passenger side

accordian

Reaction score
:repost:getting back to the strange noises. i finally pulled off the tire and noticed that the ball joints were toast. gone, nothing there. looked like a ruptured disc. also, lately i've been getting a weird sound that continues when the wheel is turning. again while the car was up i put the tire back on and turned it while listening. i could hear a clicking sound. i put my hand on the cv joint (?) and it was more pronounced. my question is, is it easier to replace the cv joint or repair it? i'm good w/basic stuff but don't want to be left w/o a ride if i f/this up.

accordian

Reaction score
:repost:finally able to check things out.
1. took wheel off and noticed that the ball joints looked like ruptured discs. really bad shape. will have to replace all. i also grabbed the tie rod end and was able to wriggle it back and forth. is this normal?

2. noticed a noise when car is in motion. it's pretty steady. more so when going in a straight line. i put it up and turned the wheel. could hear something from what i believe is the inner cv joint. when i put my hand on it i could feel something going on when turning the wheel.

are cv joints easy to repair? i am not a professional wrencher, but can do some things. just don't want to get stuck. if it's time consuming, that's not a big issue. if it's easier i can just buy the part and replace it.

thanks for looking

ps: sorry for the redundancy. i didn't see that my last message posted. duh

Last edited:
Back