*URGENT* Hovering RPM's

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The code its throwing on mine is for a primary o2 sensor malfunction. It used to throw a code for innsufficent egr flow. I cleaned my throttle body egr runner and iacv now its the o2 sensor thats bad. Is your ride throwin any codes?

J30MAN

Reaction score
I have the same problem. The code its throwing on mine is for a primary o2 sensor malfunction. It used to throw a code for innsufficent egr flow. I cleaned my throttle body egr runner and iacv now its the o2 sensor thats bad. Is your ride throwin any codes?

not anymore. I changed the EGR valve and evap. tank/purge valve like 2 weeks ago.

J30MAN

Reaction score
This is the O2 sensor from the Catalytic Converter

IMAG0157.jpg

And this is the O2 sensor from the downpipe

IMAG0158.jpg

001Stunna

Reaction score
This is the O2 sensor from the Catalytic Converter

IMAG0157.jpg

And this is the O2 sensor from the downpipe

IMAG0158.jpg

you wont be able to tell much looking at them...you best way to test them would be to test them for the voltages they output when on the car.

001Stunna

Reaction score
What kind of readings would I be looking for?

Well the front o2's voltage should oscillate between 0.2-0.8v once the car is hot and running in closed loop.
The rear o2's voltage should show something close to a straight line voltage or very mininmal variation if the cat.converter is performing up to standards.

The easiest way to check them is put them back on the car and use an obd2 tool that has live data/graph capability...or use an obd2 bluetooth dongle(ebay $20) and use an android phone running the torque app or a laptop running something like ScanXl Pro.

I know people can also check them with a voltmeter but i've been told that can ruin the sensor at times...hence ive never done it.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Well the front o2's voltage should oscillate between 0.2-0.8v once the car is hot and running in closed loop.
The rear o2's voltage should show something close to a straight line voltage or very mininmal variation if the cat.converter is performing up to standards.

The easiest way to check them is put them back on the car and use an obd2 tool that has live data/graph capability...or use an obd2 bluetooth dongle(ebay $20) and use an android phone running the torque app or a laptop running something like ScanXl Pro.

I know people can also check them with a voltmeter but i've been told that can ruin the sensor at times...hence ive never done it.

Heres a video I took of the O2 voltage for both. They were both at 1.275 upon start up, then slowly dropped to the level you posted and started dropping as I have recorded. And you'll here my cat converter rattling in the video, it's been bad for a while now just haven't had the money for a replacement.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l616/j30man/?action=view&current=VIDEO0010.mp4

001Stunna

Reaction score
Heres a video I took of the O2 voltage for both. They were both at 1.275 upon start up, then slowly dropped to the level you posted and started dropping as I have recorded. And you'll here my cat converter rattling in the video, it's been bad for a while now just haven't had the money for a replacement.

http://s1126.photobucket.com/albums/l616/j30man/?action=view&current=VIDEO0010.mp4

Was the car fully warmed up when you did this?
I see o2 1 bank 1 be 0.00v for awhile

Put the car in neutral, and keep the pedal pressed down so you maintain a steady rpm(just in case it may cause the data to be skewed if not) and retry again if you have some time.

J30MAN

Reaction score
Was the car fully warmed up when you did this?
I see o2 1 bank 1 be 0.00v for awhile

Put the car in neutral, and keep the pedal pressed down so you maintain a steady rpm(just in case it may cause the data to be skewed if not) and retry again if you have some time.

Ill try it again now, what should I be looking for?

Back