*URGENT* Hovering RPM's

001Stunna

Reaction score
Ill try letting it warm up. Spraying that much cleaner through the engine isn't bad?

When i cleaned my TB, i sprayed the TB cleaner with the car off in that little port, and had a towel placed to catch most of the liquid from going inside. Let it sit for about 5 mins and then try starting it. If its hard to start try starting it with the gas pedal down. I've never had any issues from it.

J30MAN

Reaction score
When i cleaned my TB, i sprayed the TB cleaner with the car off in that little port, and had a towel placed to catch most of the liquid from going inside. Let it sit for about 5 mins and then try starting it. If its hard to start try starting it with the gas pedal down. I've never had any issues from it.

Alright I sprayed TB cleaner until it almost came to the top of the port.

J30MAN

Reaction score
I let the cleaner sit like you said, cleaned the butterfly valve like you said and let the engine warm up...Just like you said. And nothing was working. So when the rpms would drop during the hovering I would rev it by hand. And slowly and slowly the rpms dropped to normal 700-750. And its seemed to be running fine.

**I remember this happening when I first installed my SRI like 2 years ago. And I revved the engine the same way and it went away. Could it have just been the computer freaking out?

001Stunna

Reaction score
I let the cleaner sit like you said, cleaned the butterfly valve like you said and let the engine warm up...Just like you said. And nothing was working. So when the rpms would drop during the hovering I would rev it by hand. And slowly and slowly the rpms dropped to normal 700-750. And its seemed to be running fine.

**I remember this happening when I first installed my SRI like 2 years ago. And I revved the engine the same way and it went away. Could it have just been the computer freaking out?

I think you should leave the coolant lines hooked as they are NOW, as that may have been the thing that was reason for your issue along with a possibly dirty IACV.
It could be the computer had to simply re-learn/re-adjust to the idle right now after your re-connected and cleaned things.

Last edited:

J30MAN

Reaction score
I think you should leave the coolant lines hooked as they are NOW, as that may have been the thing that was reason for your issue along with a possibly dirty IACV.
It could be the computer had to simply re-learn/re-adjust to the idle right now after your re-connected and cleaned things.

Whatever it was is fixed. I just took it for a 12mile ride around town and on the highway and it rode normal.

Thank you Stunna rep point for you sir, for helping me through all this crap.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Whatever it was is fixed. I just took it for a 12mile ride around town and on the highway and it rode normal.

Thank you Stunna rep point for you sir, for helping me through all this crap.

Glad it all worked out and you didn't have to throw any $$ at it:beer:

Back