Embarrassing.. But I don't know what else to do.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
hammer or mallet man .. try some pb blaster if you have some. there's obviously more room for the fork to move up lol

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Don't push down too hard. When I did I knocked a ball out of the axle bearing. Pain in the *** to get back in without taking out the axle.

ejreams

Reaction score
do what I said. push he fork up the remaining part of the strut then you can push the tophat back where it belongs. once you do that, bolt the tophat back in place and then take off the fork. once the fork is off, you can just drop down the strut assembly.

I can't push the fork up, its being pushed down on already by the spring, thus undo-ing the bolt would push the strut down (or the fork up) its arealdy where it will go

Chris Vu

Reaction score
yeah you want to push the strut down so it could go further into the fork .. so loosen the bolt.

ejreams

Reaction score
yeah you want to push the strut down so it could go further into the fork .. so loosen the bolt.

What bolt? the one that holds the fork? its out laying on the floor.
I don't know if you guys are understanding this, there is nothing compressing the spring and it is smashing the strut straight downward fork and all into the Axel bending it downward, like.. I can't push it back together to even get it to budge in the slightest

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I believe the bolt he is referring to is the pinch bolt...

Either way I still don't think any of us can completely understand the situation unless we were there.

ejreams

Reaction score
**** me, I guess maybe in the morning I'll go try and rent a spring compressor from autozone? do they have that?

Chris Vu

Reaction score
I know .. but I see a gap between the fork and the fork limiter on the strut .. wd40 or pb blaster it up and take a mallet or hammer to the bottom of the fork to get it up the strut. it should give you another inch to work with.

Back