Embarrassing.. But I don't know what else to do.

ejreams

Reaction score
Yea, got to the passenger side, bolt stuck, no pb blaster, no breaker bar. Fuk my life, so finish later for sure.

TURBOG23

Reaction score
Hahaha. I feel ya. It took me hours to install my coilovers. It was a PITA. I could not get the passanger side rear strut out to same my live. Till I went green and ripped it right out, braking the sway end link. :lawl:

ejreams

Reaction score
By the way, I'm curious matt, since your more performance oriented now a days.
Whats your wheel gap? are you just fingerless all around? or are you sunk? or?

ejreams

Reaction score
Hahaha. I feel ya. It took me hours to install my coilovers. It was a PITA. I could not get the passanger side rear strut out to same my live. Till I went green and ripped it right out, braking the sway end link. :lawl:

Dude... I broke my front driver end link last night... mother ****.. Owell they need upgraded to moogs anyways I suppose lol

cjsaccord

Reaction score
It took me 2 days, with just a 40pcs wrench set.:furious:
But when your done you will appreciate the drop even if there's still some gap left lol

ejreams

Reaction score
Dude.. for sure though tomorrow morning, I'm going to harbor freight and getting a hydraulic jack. Lol

ejreams

Reaction score
Word to the wise, when removing OEM suspension parts, stay off of the phone and pay full attention to your work. Otherwise, you may undo a top-hat from the strut by accident, trust me its one of your worst nightmares. Here's what you end up with, and after several hours of working the strut out, then a couple more getting the spring free, I finally realized I had never undone the sway bar, thus never unbolting the top-hat from the frame.
img0154sc.jpg

Oh and btw, this afternoon I had to have someone come by and give me a jump start.. I left my radio on over night. Lmfao.

ejreams

Reaction score
Okay so for anyone interested, I made a diagram.
Basically the top hat was still connected to the car (god I'm an idiot)
The spring force was shooting upward and downward and maxing out the load on the arms.

But I couldn't push up on the fork because the actual strut had sunk and was lodged between the lip of the opening by the threaded part on top. Making everything virtually stuck until I tightened the springs to hell. Then the strut fell out because it wasn't lined up in the hole at all for me to tighten bolts to the top hat and I was left with an out of control spring flopping in all directions with the spring compressors now also being stuck in the mess. Lol anyways, here's the diagram.

problemiz.jpg

The fork was actually closer.. like pressed against the rotor almost.

Last edited:
Back