Misfire on cyl1 & cyl5

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Oh yea, I forgot to post this earlier.

20150203_171518.jpg

I'm going to pull the plugs out after I've siphoned out the oil to ensure that they don't have any oil on the firing pin. If they do, I'll clean them up before putting them back on.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
yup, pretty much flush.

I keep a spare 2x4 shorty in my trunk, anything heavy/solid qualifies as a hammer.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
oh, and tubes look fine. Still round, no flat bits, also no sharp edges. Just watch the seals as you install

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Update:

I installed the new spark plug tube gaskets no problem on the front VC. The freezer trick worked and I got them put on within 60 seconds each. I did have to hammer them down a little bit to get them completely flush, but it was very easy to do compared to the last time I did this.

Installing the VC however was a PITA as I made sure this time to not pinch the spark plug tube gaskets. After about 30minof trying, I was successful. I just know though that the rear VC is going to a complete effing PITA since I have to bend over all far back like to see what I'm going to be doing.

CokeZero

Reaction score
Buy a small mirror from a dollar store and tape it to the firewall or bottom of hood aiming down towards the vc.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Forgot to update.

I got my car fixed the Thursday of when this happened. The rear VC was a bit of a pain because of the angle, but with help of a friend, I was able to put it a bit faster than the front. I even made sure that there was no pinching to avoid this problem again in the future.

Cyl 3 coil pack looks really beat up and I need to replace it for fear of it failing on me in the future. Nerves on this were ramped up by a brief misfire on cyl 3 a few days later. I had a misfire on Cyl 1 the day after, but that was due to me not properly seating the coil pack wiring harness. Other than that, my car is running back to her old self again. :)

xci.ed6

Reaction score
you may want to grab another and throw it in the glove box as a spare.

oh, and an allen wrench

Back