01-02 coupe FULL lip kit, which one do you like?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Ok, for about 1 year, i still haven't found a lip kit i'm content with. I will not swap my front, i would concider swaping the rear. It seems like almost ever coupe i see that has a mixture of lips doesn't look quite right, kind of "thrown together".

I'm thinking 02 front w/ mugen style, oem sides, 98 bumper w/ oem rear. But it's pricey. I hate the "mugen" sides, although i could do some fiberglass work and try to make it work. I hate the oem rear on 02's the only one i though looked right turned out to be a swapped bumper.

I just wish there was a good lip kit out there. The WW is too much for me, why can they make such a clean kit for the sedans but go so far on the coupes? I don't know, suggestions, and mostly pics would help. Again, this is for a coupe.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
Getting frustrated, are we? But you already know what the problem is, Matt - damn Honda had to make the rear bumper for the 01-02 with that fake lip already added on. The only option for us (IMO) is exactly what you mentioned - Mugen front lip, OEM sides, 98-00 rear bumper with OEM rear lip. I've had the lips sitting in my garage for about a year now, just waiting to get the funds to re-paint everything and do it all at once. If my coupe were a diff. color, though, I think i'd stick with the abs mugen lip, abs side skirts, no rear lip, and call it a day, cause it doesn't look too bad.
And is it just the coupes, or do 01-02 sedans share the same burden as us?
Check out Honda-tech, the accord picture thread, page 21; there's a silver coupe done nicely, except the lip kit doesn't look to be color matched very well. Good luck

theaccordian

Reaction score
If I had a coupe id swap to 98 bumpers and throw on the oem lip kit and type r grill. You can find replica bumpers cheap on ebay, or local shops.

TheUAccord23

Reaction score
I much prefer the 01-02 front. It's way more aggressive, and can be set off quite nicely with the OEM fog lights. When I put eveything together, finally, I also plan on removing the middle bar in the grill, maybe putting in a type r grill, but from the looks of it, might not be necessary (grill seems to be built in).
As for ebay bumpers, I'm hesitant. I'd hate to have to spend an extra 3, 4, or however many more hours on labor to get the bumper to fit properly.
And yea, you sedans are spoiled with that WW kit. It's probably the nicest lip kit for any car; so clean!

theaccordian

Reaction score
i have a replica 98-00 bumper, fit perfectly, and only cost 50 bucks. people get scared off when they see oem "replica", but they fit fine. in my case at least.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Yeah, i NEED to keep the 02 front, no question. I don't care if i only have to rock the front lip, that's staying. Like i said, it seems like alot of people go for a "lip kit" and every peice clashes.

theaccordian

Reaction score
mugen front and sides + oem rear!!

07.jpg

09.jpg

13.jpg

Im guessing you dont like the holes/vents on the mugen side skirts, but I think it complements the holes in the front bumper and the holes in your front lip.

Last edited:

PROJECT H

Reaction score
dude if ur really ambitious, u can try custom fitting a 5th gen lude lip kit.
i remember som1 on v6p had customed a greddy lip onto his 01-02 coupe front.

that was my plan: custom fit 5th gen lude oem front lip w/ 5th gen mugen sides n rear (like my sig). but im tryin 2 get an 01-02 coupe front swap now.

if not... just get mugen (or oem sides, rear) all around. still looks clean.

theres also a carbon fiber lip kit for 01-02 coupes. it looks sick, saw it on ebay a while ago.

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
Kinda off topic. what about for my car? I have a 01-02 coupe front. But i want something different becuz everyone here has the mugen lip. So what should i do? sides and rear also.

Back