Prelude transmission

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Question. I may have stumbled upon a non running prelude with a transmission and wheels that I want.

It is a 93 prelude manual. Will the transmission bolt up to the f23?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i believe all trannies from F and H series motors are interchangeable.. just different gear ratios

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I ask because I saw a thread on here where the guy put the 5th gear set into the prelude tranny. He was calling the transmission by some letter number combo. So I wasn't sure if the 93 prelude transmission would work also. If I do get the car and transmission I wanna do the same. Have shorter 1-4 for inner city driving and the f23 5th gear for highway cruising.

I would like to see the difference it makes in my now 10 second flat 0-60mph.

dawg316

Reaction score
check the DIY page i wrote up a detailed how to swap a 5th gen prelude h22 m2y4 trans into a 6th gen accord. posted a vid aswell in the thread.

check the video because on the prelude VSS ( vehicle speed sensor) I had to remove a white portion of the connector on the sensor and also on the accord chasis harness side to get them to click in together.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
check the DIY page i wrote up a detailed how to swap a 5th gen prelude h22 m2y4 trans into a 6th gen accord. posted a vid aswell in the thread.

check the video because on the prelude VSS ( vehicle speed sensor) I had to remove a white portion of the connector on the sensor and also on the accord chasis harness side to get them to click in together.

The prelude transnsmission I'm looking to get is from a 4th gen. Are they the same?

dawg316

Reaction score
slightly diffrent i believe with the ratios but it should all bolt up. ..

.....should. do your research and see the exact differances between 5thgen and 4th gen preludes. beleve the axles are the same . if the VSS wiring is. then it will drop right in no problem.

Back