I think my A/C is going.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
The same symptoms my Camry had before the bearing exploded and the pulls broke off causing the belt to shred.

I press the ac button and the back lights blink on and off and the compressor won't engage the clutch. I gotta do it a few times before it engages.

I can't find anything on replacing the bearings. Do I have to replace the compressor?

dawg316

Reaction score
the compressor wont engage if the frigerant is low? is the a/c nice and cold?

could be as simple as a faulty a/c relay ( actualy had a civic last year in my shop for the same thing)

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
Ac is nice and really cold. My wife actually turned it down the other day because it was freezing her out. I'll check the relay when I have time

dawg316

Reaction score
while the engine is running and vents turned on to face or feet ( anything but defrost) put the temperature onto the coldest and have a friend press the AC button

while you ( with the hood poped) observe the AC pulley. you will hear a click and see the clutch engage the face of the pulley when the button turns on and off. dont worry so much about the light. look at the AC clutch pulley and see if it stays on ( its common for it to com on and off by itself to controll AC pressure but just make shure it engages when you command it on by pressing the button )

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I can hear and feel and see the engine lug down when the compressor clutch engages and disengages.

Back