H23A vtec swap into 02 EX MT

btr24evr

Reaction score
On a side note.

I picked up complete front and rear knuckles w/ all the brake components in great shape off a 2001 TL at the local salvage yard. Also got the front and rear sway bars and strut tower bar. Everything for about $220. Should be a nice little upgrade in the braking and suspension department.

Oh, and I scored a set of 17" 5-lug TSX wheels on Craigslist for $60. They all have pretty bad curb rash so I'm in the process of doing some restoration. Just need some tires.

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Here in Washington state you can waive emissions for $150. I would look into what you can do because a p28 would make your life a hell of a lot easier

Sino

Reaction score
Are you planning on getting it barred? If you are, you'll also need to make sure you have the cat that goes along with the engine. When I got mine barred, they looked at everything, ecu, even the evap canister as that also has to come from the H engine. It took me 3 rounds to finally get mine barred.

The only problems I ran into when I got mine barred was that the rywire adapter for some reason didn't have a pin out for the evap sensor, which kept throwing a P1457 code after every driving cycle reset.

If you just do the swap and try to pass emissions w/o getting barred, you're going to have to hope the person doing your emissions doesn't know that the car has been swapped with a different series engine, otherwise they may have you head straight to a state ref.
I'm assuming you've swapped an H22A4? If so, did you use the Accord or Prelude wire harness? Trying to figure out which way is easier for a total and legal swap.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Back