Official Random Photo thread

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
nice. didnt realize you already bought the d5100

Thanks - yeah I ended up buying it the day after the Sigma lol. Yesterday was mainly a day to get used to the new setup. After getting home and reviewing pictures on my computer, it became obvious that the neato effect of the ultrawide isn't a substitute for composition and having a subject lol. I ended up deleting most of my pics and asking myself "wtf was I trying to even take a picture of here?".

It was fun though, I hadn't taken a day like that to just shoot stuff in a long long time.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
dsc_7961a.jpg

dsc_7900a.jpg

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
something about rectilinear ultrawides just never works for me. i think it's the sides that become blurred instead of being bent like with a (curved) fisheye.

ymmv :lawl:

cody, bump up the contrast on the last one and PS out that lightpole protruding from the chicks head :)lawl:) and its a great one.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
Have you always had a wide angle? Pics look great!

Nope, recent addition. Thanks though Eric :beer:

something about rectilinear ultrawides just never works for me. i think it's the sides that become blurred instead of being bent like with a (curved) fisheye.

ymmv :lawl:

cody, bump up the contrast on the last one and PS out that lightpole protruding from the chicks head :)lawl:) and its a great one.

The effect isn't for everyone I guess. Good point on the lightpole lol

Back