05-06 acura 4 piston brake swap.

blkghst3

Reaction score
im inquiring info on how to a big brake swap using 05-06 acura rl piston calipers but keeping my rotors 4 lug. I thought maybe using prelude rotors. help.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Good luck finding a rotor that is 13in diameter and 28mm thickness for 4 lug. Redrilling a 350z rotor might work, but idk about redrilling rotors. Personally, I would just do the 5 lug swap. Makes more wheels and rotors open to you.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I drilled my 300zx 5 lug rotors to fit my 4 lug 240sx, one lines up, each gets 3 holes.

Start with a small bit, like 1/8", work bigger, 1/4", then 3/8", then lug size a bit bigger really.

To center the new points, clean rotor well (brake clean/paper towel), measurin stick, small sharpie, follow with a center punch, then go at it with the drill.

oh, old rotor, helps with new holes

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
buy my dual piston acura legend GS calipers with prelude rotors...everything u need for a 4 lug BBK :deal:

lashlee

Reaction score
I would do what DarkSide said! One thing you will have to take into effect with the 4 piston calipers is the caliper clearance of the wheel. Basically you'll have to buy new wheels. If you don't want new wheels go with a Legend 2 piston caliper upgrade and keep your old rotors and wheels.

Back