Date on fuel filter ?

cg4ever

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I received my new oem fuel filter and notice there is a date stamped on it. It says 07/06/21. So what does that means exactly ?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
That is the date code for the service life of the part. Mainly issued because of the treated paper that acts as the filtering substrate. Supposedly depending on storage conditions like temperature and moisture that can break down rending the filter less effective, or ineffective. Based on how long fuel filters last, not sure how much stock I put in that. Or maybe I just don't replace mine enough lol.

cg4ever

Reaction score
So do this means that if still in box it is not recommended to use this filter after the mentioned date on the filter ?

cg4ever

Reaction score
Supposedly. How long have you had it?

One day :rofl: Just bought it from ebay. Don't know how long the person had it.
I guess once you use it the date doesn't matter anymore. It must be a warning before use.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Stuff like that is also partly due to the lawyer happy society we live in, and companies covering their butts. There are expiry dates on child seats, bike helmets, etc. I would inspect the condition, maybe compare to a new one, and go from there. Or if it's a PITA to install, might just be worth it to get another so you don't have to worry about it.

Back