O2 Sensor simulator - partial success? HELP NEEDED

SiddarthaT

Reaction score
Hey all,
So my 2000 Accord v6 started throwing a p0420 which was narrowed down to needing a new cat converter. Now, im a broke college student and don't really have the money to drop at the moment, so I put together an o2 sensor simulator (as per tinyurl(dot)com/6galink1).

With the engine off and the car in the run position, it behaves as expected. (graph: tinyurl(dot)com/6galink2)

But when I turn te engine on, I get this: tinyurl(dot)com/6galink3

Would someone be able to provide some insight into this as to why it's happening and how I might be able to fix it?

(sorry about link workaround, im new)

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Simulator? are you using some kind of electronic device workaround to remove the code? Can't help you there...

Could just be the sensor itself.

If so, use Denso or NTK(NGK), Bosch is junk
(try this as solution #2 if solution #1 does not remove the error code as this is about $50 to $60).

If you are using this "simulator" in an attempt to pass Emissions check. All you need to do is move the o2 sensor out of the pathway of the exhaust gases. Check youtube vids for guidance.
(try this as solution #1 as it is about a $5 fix.)

SiddarthaT

Reaction score
So uh, I already installed the simulator and removing it basically means replacing the o2 sensor.

The signal line of the o2 sensor isn't connected to the sensor anymore, just the simulator. The heater line however is still connected, could this be a factor?

The car still throws a p0420.

Back