carrier bearing? A/T

kevo

Reaction score
So I spent an hour at Honda this morning to get my auto tranny fluid changed, when it was all done the guy told me my tranny was just about toast. I know its starting to go a little bad but he was telling me that the Carrier bearings are going out causing my axles to have play. He said i would need to replace the whole tranny, i searched the fourm didnt really see much on this to answer the question of wheather or not I need to have it replaced or would the bearing being replaced be good enough for now.

Thanks for any help guys!

F23A1AT

Reaction score
Well the carrier is inside of the transmission, so if you have to go that far into the tranny then you may as well rebuild it since it is going bad anyway.

As for the claim of the bearing causing play in the axles, I don't know enough about transaxles to say it needs immediate attention.

kevo

Reaction score
Well the carrier is inside of the transmission, so if you have to go that far into the tranny then you may as well rebuild it since it is going bad anyway.

As for the claim of the bearing causing play in the axles, I don't know enough about transaxles to say it needs immediate attention.

Hey thanks for your help bro ill just end up buying a new car for now until I decide to fix this one

Back