h22a 98 accord

fr33k

Reaction score
:postwhore:

i hope those are stage 2 turbo cams.. and not the all motor ones.. you might wanna double check.

and the f23 tranny will be just fine. if not better for boost on a h22.

ok how can i tell? i mean i know i have to take the valve cover off,but are there any marks i should look for? im doing this tomorrow if i get the chance. and ill take pics of them.

and will be taking pics of the swap its self. that way if i screw anything up someone could help me if i need it right?

and i do have another question
the silver trim above the doors, how hard are they to replace? the person who had it befor me had locked the keys in it and really dented the piss out it and also tore the rubber door seal so now when it rains it soaks the seat and the door panel.

im so ready to get this done and over with but im missing a few parts still so i have to bite my tongue and wait. i realllllllly hate waiting.lololol

Tphong

Reaction score
Is your block sleeved? How many pounds of boost are you planning to run?

fr33k

Reaction score
If my memory serves me correctly I had the block sleeved. When I first got the motor I was planning on going boost with it. So I don't remember what pistons I put in it. I've looked every where for all my paper work on the motor but after we have moved twice in the last 3 years some things have been lost. Last neighborhood we lived in turned into crack town central over night. And as my wife and I have kids we didn't want them exposed to that n moved....
So I really don't want to tear the motor down n start over. But it is looking that way. Better safe then sorry I guess.
Idk how many lbs I plan on running really, I'm just going to hope I can hit at least 325 hp with it. More if I can but you know how that is...lol.
Is there a way to tell with out pulling it back apart? I just wish I could remember what all I had done to the block. It's been a cpl years since I messed with it.

Last edited:

Elite1JDM

Reaction score
if anyone knows how many lbs that turbo can push id appreciate it if you would tell me. thanks in advance
depends on what internals you have and how healthy that engine is.
:postwhore:

i hope those are stage 2 turbo cams.. and not the all motor ones.. you might wanna double check.

and the f23 tranny will be just fine. if not better for boost on a h22.
+1
Do you really wanna mate a brand new clutch to a flywheel that could be outta spec? If this was a stock swap the. I think it might be alright. But since you're bout to turbo the motor the last thing you want happening is your old, weak flywheel shattering.

And yes all eBay harnesses are good, long as the seller has a good rep. Think about it, it's just wires.

Oh and you don't want 93 lude mounts. Those won't work, at least I've never heard those being used for a h22 swap into a 6th gen. Only mounts that I know of working are the euro r accord and the innovative mounts. Personally I'd go with the innovative kit. It's like 290 shipped.
Get the innovative mount kit , nothing else. Get the mount kit for a h22 swap in a 98-02 4cyl accord. If you dont buy a full mount kit or put inserts they will certainly break within a month or less!
If my memory serves me correctly I had the block sleeved. When I first got the motor I was planning on going boost with it. So I don't remember what pistons I put in it. I've looked every where for all my paper work on the motor but after we have moved twice in the last 3 years some things have been lost. Last neighborhood we lived in turned into crack town central over night. And as my wife and I have kids we didn't want them exposed to that n moved....
So I really don't want to tear the motor down n start over. But it is looking that way. Better safe then sorry I guess.
Idk how many lbs I plan on running really, I'm just going to hope I can hit at least 325 hp with it. More if I can but you know how that is...lol.
Is there a way to tell with out pulling it back apart? I just wish I could remember what all I had done to the block. It's been a cpl years since I messed with it.
Man it sounds like you got to do research on that engine cause it could be high compression and you will blow that thing quick. You shouldnt worry about numbers just worry about safely tuning it to be somewhat reliable. You should take the head off and examine everything. If not just boost like 6-8 lbs. Good luck with everything. Motor looks nice, digging the polished goodie's.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you want an OBD2B to OBD1 harness, I have one from Xenocron I can sell. Let me know. It won't be as cheap as the eBay ones you are considering though. Build looks good so far man!

fr33k

Reaction score
GEDC0660.jpg
[/IMG]
GEDC0659.jpg
[/IMG]
GEDC0654.jpg
[/IMG]
GEDC0652.jpg
[/IMG]

fr33k

Reaction score
GEDC0650.jpg
[/IMG]
GEDC0649.jpg
[/IMG]
ok all in all its clean on the inside. or i think it is anyways. i didnt wipe anything down or anything.

fr33k

Reaction score
and i had to stop there. i had a tatt to do.
but i was wondering, the plates that are on top of the cams(idk exactly what they are called) is there a sequence to putting them back on and what should they be torqued to?
then after i get that info, i can pull the cams off and start taking the head off so i can see what is inside this damn egg....

Back