repairing a big-*** hole in my leather seat (pic)

briansacct

Reaction score

I'm an idiot.

As you can see, there is a massive hole in drivers seat. I have no interest in dropping a G to get the leather worked on by a professional, so I thought I would ducktape the hole closed. As you can see, some direct sunlight turned that into a situation wherein I now have a semen-like substance on my shirt upon exiting my vehicle.

Now what? What would you do? Just keep retaping it? Clean off the tape residue and let the hole expand on its own? Buy a cheap racing seat and rock one racing seat one leather seat like a true baller?

Thanks.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
No way I could live with a tear that large. I would be going to the junkyard and pulling a seat.

ib042129

Reaction score
You could try the leather repair kit you get from a car store, but it is hard to make it look good for something that big.

Seat covers are another option.

Depending on how handy you are with a needle you can try and patch it.

Or. Just go to a junkyard. You can pick up an RSX seat for less than 200, maybe even close to 100 if you are lucky. Or a seat of a S2000 if you want to get fancy.

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
u guys must live by some fancy junkyards... this past winter i got lucky to find an 02 coupe at mine and it was completely torn apart. everything else is junk!

duck tape :lolhitting:

ib042129

Reaction score
u guys must live by some fancy junkyards... this past winter i got lucky to find an 02 coupe at mine and it was completely torn apart. everything else is junk!

duck tape :lolhitting:

Not really. I am just willing to drive 100 miles out if they have the part I want.
Also car-part.com is amazing, makes searching for parts a lot easier.

Gil'sCG6

Reaction score
junkyard.... not gonna be easy finding the seat at one but keep trying, my current leather driver seat has the leather in near perfect condition but my previous owner was a fat *** and broke one of the metal rods under the seat and now my seat rocks like a rocking chair when i accelerate the car. Ive been searching junkyards heavy willing to pay up to 200 bucks for another seat and dont even care if the leather is as fresh as my current seat long as the seat itself is not broken but ive yet to find a seat at any junkyard.

Back