Speedometer drops to zero

james'99

Reaction score
I put the female dog up on jack stands to get the wheels spinning to get a reading on the speed sensor plug. When my dad would mess with the plug the speedo would shoot up for a second and back down. Any ideas?

No such corrosion on the pins?

How don't you have a CEL? That is awfully strange.

41Y5lTaQJfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jordan_H

Reaction score
No such corrosion on the pins?

How don't you have a CEL? That is awfully strange.

41Y5lTaQJfL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

No corrosion. I used electrical cleaner and a grease. I want to try and find someone local so I can see if the cluster is some how the issue but I doubt it. Man I've tried just about everything... I have no idea why I don't have a cel....

xci.ed6

Reaction score
it sounds like a problem an the chassis side cluster connector. With it jacked up like that, rev it while you mess with the chassis side wires. If it suddenly works (and doesn't) you have pinpointed your problem. Fix there.

james'99

Reaction score
http://car-part.com/
You know, If VTEC doesn't work, I think that rules out the cluster being the issue.

Plus, also, our cars have the same neutral rev limit as when we are driving so how is there no CEL and no VTEC?

Last edited:

Jordan_H

Reaction score
Driving and my CEL came on. It was a P0500 for vehicle speed sensor... I'm going to bring the part to oreillys and see if I can get it exchanged for a other

Jordan_H

Reaction score
it sounds like a problem an the chassis side cluster connector. With it jacked up like that, rev it while you mess with the chassis side wires. If it suddenly works (and doesn't) you have pinpointed your problem. Fix there.

Also wondering where the chassis side cluster connector is located

Back