Will trunk from a 01-02 Sedan fit a 98-00 Sedan ?

Hondastylez

Reaction score
Hey everyone! its been a while since I been around. I've been bit of a dilemma. I need a new trunk ( or used ) for my 98 Sedan and its been a bit hard finding one locally. I have however come across a shop that parted out an 01 sedan and still have the trunk leftover from that year accord.

So my question. Will the 01 oem trunk fit my car, which is a 98 ?
From visual inspection the only difference I notice are the rear lights attached to the trunk itself. Other than that I do not see any other major difference.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, it should fit. and yes, the only difference is the trunk mounted tail lights....in which youll need the corresponding ones for the corner tail lights that are on the car.....because the trunk lid ones from your 98-00 wont fit due to different mounting holes.

ActNow

Reaction score
I'm confused you need the whole backend of the car? trunk lid? What happend to your original?

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
Yes it will I already did the swap with someone, although now my reverse lights don't work might have burnt them out I remember them working after the swap or so I think.

Hondastylez

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback.

My trunk just has some rust and medium size dents from before i purchased it. but I mostly want to swap it out just so I can change the rear lights to the 01-02.

I know the corner brake lights from the 01-02 fit without a problem but the ones that go on the trunk lid itself ( The two middle pieces ) they won't fit on my 98 accord. they are a bit different in size.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Yeah, just the inner pieces, the 01-02 tails look better, IMO, so that would be a good swap.

Hondastylez

Reaction score
not if u get the 98-00 red/clear tails from ebay hahah

I got the red/clear tails from EbaY already and I like them more than the OEM ones but I still like the 01-02 tail lights better.

accord2.jpg

Back