Get your Carbon on!

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
ok so tell me...

What is so special about carbonfiber on your car?

I understand a Hood, and trunk, for "weight reduction"... but I can't help but feel that doing this to your roof and your gas lid is rice to the max. I guess my mentality is just that I would rather have a clean looking, flowing car than a car with bits of carbon fiber here and there. Seems too tacked on imo.

Maybe I'll get burned for this post, but even if the intent was to be more like JDM or something, there's nothing JDM about it.

Either way, you seem to at least be good at what you're doing.

I'm overlaying my roof in carbon fiber for aesthetics purposes (should have completed pics tomorrow). I have a carbon fiber hood & trunk, and I thought the roof would compliment the two pieces well.

These pictures inspired me (despite the roof being painted black, not overlaid with carbon fiber):
2980685506_dc2820da69_o.jpg

2973830003_bcf58e7475_o.jpg

2973829913_d3d959fd5f_o.jpg

I think having the "top" pieces of the car (hood/roof/trunk...pieces viewable from above the car) the same accent color/design looks nice, and instead of just painting the roof black why not match the roof to the hood/trunk.

It's not meant to reduce weight, it's not meant to be JDM, the only thing "special" about it is that it's not common & could possibly compliment the rest of the car if your car has certain pieces already. My $.02...

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
some people either love or hate CF.
but if you read the 1st post-im building back up a show car.so its all for looks. Its my DD,i dont expect to cut down weight to 2000lbs like a little civic.

yes my trunk and hood do cut weight down,but i got it all for looks..call me a ricer;but extra points in shows are extra points your components may not get.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
dang brad you beat me to it..haha.i cant wait to see yours and put mine to shame.haha but hopfully at work tmr i can sand it down and buff it.
but yes it was either CF or roof black.so why not have the top half car CF? its coool.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
The guys at the shop told me mine came out really nice, and once the car's painted it'll really stand out...I'm going to look at it tomorrow afternoon or Tuesday morning & I'll take pics.

Yours should turn out fine after you sand/buff it. I agree, if you're going to have that sort of theme for your roof to match the hood/trunk, then cf roof > black roof. How hard do you think it would be to do the pillar areas without distorting the pattern too badly? If I could get those 2 areas overlaid that would complete the "top of the car cf" theme...

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
well itl be hard to do the pillars because it kinda just goes into the quarter..it it was a single pice like the roof was it wouldnt be to bad..but where would you cut off the back before it goes into the quarter? you kno?

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Yeah I see the problem. The bodyshop mine's at has done that sort of thing, somehow at the bottom of the rear pillar they blend the c-pillar overlay into the rear quarter so that it doesn't stick up above the rest of the body, and then they'd paint the body so that you see the cf & body are 2 distinct separate areas in line with the rest of the car. It's difficult to explain, but it can be done. I'll look for pics later...

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
well the only thing i can think of is laying the cf..then blending it with bondo,but you will probably see a raised up spot? idk

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Updated the thread a bit.decided instead of a teaser ill go ahead and let out my plans.Ill keep up todate list on everything.

**KEEP IN MIND;I LIKE CF,OTHERS MAY NOT,-THIS IS STRICTLY FOR AESTHETICS PURPOSES.Im not trying to cut down weight,Going for show!**

CHID0

Reaction score
lookin good mang! Have you done any overlays before doing this project?

Back