2018 accord

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
a coupe that is the same size as a sedan :ugh: no thanks. i hate that my frs looks to be about the same size as my friends mk4 jetta when parked next to it. we won't mention the weight gain again :lawl:

250hp/175tq on a turbo anything is terrible, you can tell it's clearly still a honda product with numbers like that. i wouldn't even think it had a turbo engine if i was just going by the numbers.

regardless, i'm glad to see them going the turbo route, but they're still managing to fuck it up somehow.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I did read both engines will have a manual option, but I'll believe it 100% when I see it. I do think they will offer a coupe again, but we'll see.

I think it was more that no one bought the ILX because it was essentially just a more expensive Civic. Acura needs to look at what made the 3G TL sell like hotcakes, and get back to that. They tried upscaling their brand and making it more mature, didn't work. So go back to what you know, I say.

Sigh. All I wanted was a 9thgen Accord V6 sedan with a 6MT and AWD. :lawl:

Last edited:

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Most Honda engines are De-tuned alot.

For this Type R engine - Hondata and a bigger turbo will really open it up. Honda knows what they are doing with that engine. You'll see. If there is a way to stroke that Type R engine then....yeah.

Unfortunately, I think the Honda body styles nowadays are just freaking ugly as hell. Pull that Type R engine out and put it in a sexy looking Civic EK/EG Hatch.

Gradfien

Reaction score
keep on dreaming :lawl:

i wonder if anyone has done a 6MT swap on the 9GA V6 sedan? :thinking:
Honda The power of dreams right?

Why swap into a 9th gen? a 6th would be waaaaaay better. Double wishbone, less weight, looks better imo. steal an engine and drivetrain from a 2010 tl sh-awd, then put some turbos on it.

When I look at a car I look at it's potential not actual. While there maybe a replacement for displacemet, displacement sure helps. Honda should have turbocharghed a 2.4l at least.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Gradfien

Reaction score
Honda's know-how lies within the 4 cylinder motors... incorporate turbo into the equation and u get as much power as the v6 (if not more), efficiency, and weight savings.
Honda makes some of the best v6's also they are the easist v6 to work on of any i have ever seen and ive seen quite a few. Power wise they aren't the best but they are far from the worst.
I would say honda's strength lies in motors in general everything from lawn mowers to formula 1.

Last edited:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
a coupe that is the same size as a sedan :ugh: no thanks. i hate that my frs looks to be about the same size as my friends mk4 jetta when parked next to it. we won't mention the weight gain again :lawl:

250hp/175tq on a turbo anything is terrible, you can tell it's clearly still a honda product with numbers like that. i wouldn't even think it had a turbo engine if i was just going by the numbers.

regardless, i'm glad to see them going the turbo route, but they're still managing to fuck it up somehow.
sedans and coupes really don't change overall dimensions radically (any longer).

250hp from a 1.5L isn't impressive? a few years ago, there was some company...that had a 240hp 2.0 without a turbo. that's around 200 at the wheels with around 120wtq.

speaking of land yachts,
hSG25dC.jpg

IMG_3318.jpg.html

Blazinqwickly

Reaction score
I am simply amazed at how many fear mongering comments about "Change" have been made in this thread... I see so many of you sitting there *****ing about a car that has not come out yet or that you have even drove thoroughly for yourself to make such comments..

To the people bashing it, you should go get a job from FORD or whatever other company is trying to attack Honda for not having petty room filler parts that do absolutely nothing for the driving experience except something to talk about and act like you are better then the neighbor next door who only has such and such car.....

Guys seriously ... Ca'mon... If you are so G.D. unhappy , go engineer your own company and make your own cars and then sit around and listen to the people on the good old interwebs piss and moan about what P.O.S. car you crank out for people because it is not the unicorn prayer they want to drive from their dreams and imagination every night...

With that said, I will always be happy to drive a Honda, old or new, life changes with or with out you for the better or worst ,so I suggest some of you embrace it or prepare to live seriously negative energy lives that attracts more negative B.S. in which to fill your life with so the cycle can continue.
Saying and doing the same **** over and over while expecting different results is pure insanity folks, for those of you who wish to pee in that corner in the circle room, LMK how that works out for you

Last edited:

Accordx

Reaction score
I am simply amazed at how many fear mongering comments about "Change" have been made in this thread... I see so many of you sitting there *****ing about a car that has not come out yet or that you have even drove thoroughly for yourself to make such comments..

To the people bashing it, you should go get a job from FORD or whatever other company is trying to attack Honda for not having petty room filler parts that do absolutely nothing for the driving experience except something to talk about and act like you are better then the neighbor next door who only has such and such car.....

Guys seriously ... Ca'mon... If you are so G.D. unhappy , go engineer your own company and make your own cars and then sit around and listen to the people on the good old interwebs piss and moan about what P.O.S. car you crank out for people because it is not the unicorn prayer they want to drive from their dreams and imagination every night...

With that said, I will always be happy to drive a Honda, old or new, life changes with or with out you for the better or worst ,so I suggest some of you embrace it or prepare to live seriously negative energy lives that attracts more negative B.S. in which to fill your life with so the cycle can continue.
Saying and doing the same **** over and over while expecting different results is pure insanity folks, for those of you who wish to pee in that corner in the circle room, LMK how that works out for you

lol I think people just aren't ready for change yet (if there is any), you could even say I'm one of those people haha. Either way I'm excited for the reveal.

Nam1911a1

Reaction score
I'm ready for a turbo 4 Honda Accord with a 10 speed double clutch auto. Talk about bangin through some gears.

The tuning upgraded should be a lot easier with an already turbo engine. Everyone knows a new free flowing exhausts always benefits a turbo motor.

Back